In game radio / streaming?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wolvern
xr

Post by wolvern » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 21:55

mr.WHO wrote:I'm 100% there would be freighter pilot open broadcast about nearest pirate activity. Same for police/military warning civilian ships for hostiles (e.g. sudden Xenon attack).

Something like this would give huuuuge boost to immersion and it's rather easy to script.
EMERGENCY BROADCAST: XENON SPOTTED ---- SECTOR

SOS?

could be so much more in terms of things even passing jobs offers, also mentioned before that trades and other cool things could be there, maybe a dead ship spotted, salvage? Small hidden messages basically.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 03:42

mr.WHO wrote:I'm 100% there would be freighter pilot open broadcast about nearest pirate activity. Same for police/military warning civilian ships for hostiles (e.g. sudden Xenon attack).
No bet - in the closest thing that we have to a relevant simulation of such a universe (EVE Online) this sort of thing has long been implemented by players in order to keep each other informed of incoming threats to their territories - intel networks and the like. They are mostly implemented as text-based chat channels, which is stronger than speech because of the persistence of information, but there's no reason why it wouldn't also be augmented by vox-comms (and in EVE you see, or rather HEAR, this happening in smaller sub-communities by use of various VoIP apps.) This is natural emergent behaviour, and I also have no doubt that in some way or another, such would arise in an X universe were it to be real.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X4: Foundations”