[X3TC] Docking denied in Gaian Star pirate base

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

amoe
x4

[X3TC] Docking denied in Gaian Star pirate base

Post by amoe » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 21:02

Hi there,

I've been doing the Goner plot and am on the final mission. I've got all the goods, Spaceweed and SQUASH mines in my Teladi Shrike. I'm trying to dock at the Pirate Base in Gaian Star to transfer the goods. When I comm the base manager, he accepts and says that I should dock -- then the station turns blue, as if it's friendly. But I still can't dock. When I try to use autopilot to dock, I get the "Docking denied" message. And I can't see the physical place on the dock, or any guide path, so I can't dock manually.

Has anyone seen this before? I would guess that my rank with Pirates is extremely low because I have certainly killed a lot of them.

Cheers,
Dave

RainerPrem
x4

Re: [X3TC] Docking denied in Gaian Star pirate base

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 21:52

amoe wrote:Hi there,

I've been doing the Goner plot and am on the final mission. I've got all the goods, Spaceweed and SQUASH mines in my Teladi Shrike. I'm trying to dock at the Pirate Base in Gaian Star to transfer the goods. When I comm the base manager, he accepts and says that I should dock -- then the station turns blue, as if it's friendly. But I still can't dock. When I try to use autopilot to dock, I get the "Docking denied" message. And I can't see the physical place on the dock, or any guide path, so I can't dock manually.

Has anyone seen this before? I would guess that my rank with Pirates is extremely low because I have certainly killed a lot of them.

Cheers,
Dave
Hi,

"Docking denied" happens when all docking ports are occupied, even by ships which have not yet docked. Since the station is friendly at the moment you just have to wait until another ship undocks.

cu
Rainer

AleksMain
x3tc

Re: [X3TC] Docking denied in Gaian Star pirate base

Post by AleksMain » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 22:19

amoe wrote:... I've got all the goods, Spaceweed and SQUASH mines in my Teladi Shrike. I'm trying to dock at the Pirate Base in Gaian Star to transfer the goods...
Teladi Shrike is M7 class (capital ship).

Read Docking in the X3 Wiki.

May be capital ship can't dock to Pirate Base.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 23:03

Yes, an M7 can't dock at the Pirate Base. An M6 or smaller can. You were smart to bring both items at the same time. Sometimes there's trouble if you bring the items separately.

In theory there's always a space reserved for the player to dock. There's something else going on when you can't.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

amoe
x4

Post by amoe » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 23:25

Thanks for the help! Indeed, the problem was the ship class. I transferred the cargo into a Vidar and used the Shrike as AI support to deal with the pirate swarm. Now the Goners have got their shiny new temple. :)

jlehtone
x4

Re: reply

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 11. Oct 17, 00:02

Bill Huntington wrote:In theory there's always a space reserved for the player to dock.
For one ship owned by player to dock. Your personal ship cannot push your other ships out nor bypass them on the landing queue.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”