[MOD] Black Legion (v0.123 for 4.3 and below)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Mon, 16. Oct 17, 19:47

Ok Socks will look harder though we assumed by looking at the first picture where Nexus download is it showed the pirate base zone in DF so i assumed that was where to start.

Will look forward to update in the future and any idea you will make new ships etc.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Mon, 16. Oct 17, 20:22

They appear in random sectors at random positions. :)

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 16:13

hey m8, me again,
Little update about my problem.

I did enable your mod again, and at the moment I do not have any problem anymore with my game.
Still strange, I did't change anything. But in the weekend I will play more and see how that goes.

Greetzzz

:D
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 20:17

Heya Informer, there was a new update today fixing issues with the game caused by a windows update.

Version 4.21 Hotfix 1 (250763) - 2017-10-19 (Windows only)

• Fixed crash starting game after Windows 10 Fall Update.

That sounds like it could've been what caused ur troubles. :D

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 00:30

Hey m8,

Yes it seems that was the problem. Mod is working fine in my game now.

One more question. When I buy a battleship at the pirate shipyard, it uses different ammo. Can I buy the ammo somewhere?

Thanks.
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 00:33

Informer wrote:Yes it seems that was the problem. Mod is working fine in my game now.
Glad to hear that, thanks.
Informer wrote:. When I buy a battleship at the pirate shipyard, it uses different ammo. Can I buy the ammo somewhere?
Yah, at pirate shipyards. :)

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Wed, 25. Oct 17, 03:39

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Informer wrote:Yes it seems that was the problem. Mod is working fine in my game now.
Glad to hear that, thanks.
Informer wrote:. When I buy a battleship at the pirate shipyard, it uses different ammo. Can I buy the ammo somewhere?
Yah, at pirate shipyards. :)

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: [MOD] Black Legion (v0.123 for 4.3 and below)

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 21:58

Time for an update before the X4 frenzy starts:

Version 0.123
- The timer that handles level ups of black legion now resets properly when they lose a shipyard
- The timer that handles shipyard rebuilding of black legion now resets properly when they lose a shipyard
- The "Destroy Pirate Shipyard mission" is now available to all factions hostile to black legion, not just the major 3
- The "Destroy Pirate Shipyard mission" now also succesfully finishes when boarding the station playing with a mod that allows to board stations
- Fixed the warning for a BL level up to actually trigger before they level up, not after
- Black Legion can now also be successfully wiped out when the boss capital ship is captured instead destroyed
- Improved removal of empty pirate zones, after pirate station and their ships might get destroyed
- Ensured the possibility to reactivate the mod by using the $cleanUpUninstall variable in the config file. Saving the game after setting this to true and setting it back to false after saving allows the player to restart the mod without losing any of his stations or ships, which might happend if the modfiles were to be removed
- Small adjustments to the config settings in the config file
- Formatted black legion messages more clearly in the log
- Disabled debug messages of mission generation

Have fun. :)

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sun, 25. Nov 18, 19:19

Thanks m8,

Always used your mod. Thanks for the work and update.

Greetzzzz

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 13:42

Informer wrote:
Sun, 25. Nov 18, 19:19
Thanks m8,

Always used your mod. Thanks for the work and update.

Greetzzzz
Hey Informer,

i'm glad u're still enjoying it. :)
I'm still working on a few things that didn't sit well with me, there should be another small update in few days.
Only small things tho. Still wasnt able to track down why the black legion npcs disappeared from the stations, thats a bit annoying.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 08:19

i just know from create_platform_actor that triggers an process in the md/npc_FOO.xml thats delete them if they not set to permanent, so you may send a call in case like

Code: Select all

<signal_cue_instantly cue="md.NPC_Staff.OnPlatformPopulation_Staff" param="[$manager, 0]" />
regarding create_station

<create_station name="$bl_station" macro="$stationMacro" zone="$smallship.zone" owner="faction.blacklegion">
                            <safepos value="$buildLocation.offset"/>
                            <buildsequence sequence="'a'" stage="3"/>
                            <buildsequence sequence="'b'" stage="3"/>
                            <buildsequence sequence="'c'" stage="3"/>
                            <buildsequence sequence="'d'" stage="3"/>
                            <buildsequence sequence="'e'" stage="3"/>
                          </create_station>
i don't think the station will assigned to the buildspot finally, so you should use instead

<create_station name="$bl_station" macro="$stationMacro" zone="$smallship.zone" buildlocation="$buildLocation" owner="faction.blacklegion">
                            <buildsequence sequence="'a'" stage="3"/>
                            <buildsequence sequence="'b'" stage="3"/>
                            <buildsequence sequence="'c'" stage="3"/>
                            <buildsequence sequence="'d'" stage="3"/>
                            <buildsequence sequence="'e'" stage="3"/>
                          </create_station>

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 18:13

Marvin Martian wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 08:19
i just know from create_platform_actor that triggers an process in the md/npc_FOO.xml thats delete them if they not set to permanent, so you may send a call in case like

<signal_cue_instantly cue="md.NPC_Staff.OnPlatformPopulation_Staff" param="[$manager, 0]" />
Hey there Marvin, not sure if that's related to my problem. The normal npcs controlling the stations (manager, defence npc, engineer) work just fine, my problem is that i added black legion as an extra faction to the library files and it used to work quite well for a long time that the stations had black legion npcs ready to hire. I think after the last patch they just disappeared.
Marvin Martian wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 08:19
regarding create_station
i don't think the station will assigned to the buildspot finally, so you should use instead
Thanks mate, i'll check that out. That could explain alot. ^^

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 18:37

ok, plattform-npc may generated by library/quota.xml-entries i think

this signal stuff i use in NF additionally because at some point i always lost architects from CVs

Trokhon
x4

Post by Trokhon » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 19:40

Hi there!

Nice mod and I like it, but I have a problem even when I use your mod allone.

I do have the left engine flames of my skunk moved to front tip of the skunk when I reload. No idea how this can happen. But its reproducable. Fresh start save reload and I do have this glitch

Thanks in advance

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 12:01

Are you using other mods that could cause this? There isn't any file in this mod that adjusts the playership at all.

Trokhon
x4

Post by Trokhon » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 14:28

no only this mod alone which is very strange amd its only after save and reload with this mod activated. Could it be that the savegame gets corrupted somehow?

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 16:57

In order for that to happen this mod would actually have to touch the playership, but it doesn't. :D Not even close. It spawns and builds new things to the game and manages them, it doesn't change anything that already exists in the game. This has to be related to another mod or another issue i'm sorry to say.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”