X² The Threat - Fighting Pirate to have better reputation with Paranid Problem.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cap1o

X² The Threat - Fighting Pirate to have better reputation with Paranid Problem.

Post by Cap1o » Sat, 14. Oct 17, 19:46

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me.
I do a walkthrough on X trilogy but i'm stuck with one mission on X².
I have to fight pirates to gain reputation with paranids.
But every times i kill a TS pirates or a battleship pirates on Paranids sectors, my reputation lost on % to 100% with paranids reputation.

So i don't know how to be friend with them.
It's the mission when Bret Serra tell me to kill pirates to dock at paranids station to meet a contact on the story line.

Thanks you for your help.

jlehtone
x4

Re: X² The Threat - Fighting Pirate to have better reputation with Paranid Problem.

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 14. Oct 17, 19:55

Cap1o wrote:i kill a TS pirates or a battleship pirates on Paranids sectors, my reputation lost on % to 100% with paranids reputation.
"battleship"? Do you mean combat ships, M5 (scouts), M4 (interceptors), M3 (fighters)?

What are the exact reputations before and after the kill? Both name and percentage.

Higher percentage is better:
https://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq ... e22bac655b

Not X2, but Paranid terms should be valid:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 14. Oct 17, 20:08

Yeah, the percentage shown next to the rank in X2 is how far along you are to the next rank, not your overall total rank, so you might have gone from 90% "Paranid enemy" rank to 1% "Paranid are OK to let you dock".

Cap1o

Post by Cap1o » Sat, 14. Oct 17, 20:41

It seems like same as the FAQ topic :

Before : 97% Enemy of Priest Xaar
After : 99% Enemy of Priest Xaar

I just want enough reputation to be allowed to dock.
Thank you

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 14. Oct 17, 20:48

Then kill some more.

IIRC, (and this is hazy for I've been there only once, in 2005) it does not take many kills to reach the "docking allowed" status.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 14. Oct 17, 20:56

Yes you are going in the right direction.

As you become less of a deadly enemy to the race and creep towards neutrality with them, the speed at which you gain reputation points for doing the same helpful things increases.

Once you are have become neutral to them you should be able to dock.

As you become even more friendly with them, the rate at which you improve your rep for doing the same things starts to slow down again. Basically at the two far ends of the race relationship spectrum the points you earn make relatively little change to your standing, but in the neutral middle ground they mean quite a lot and change your rep levels quickly.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Cap1o

Post by Cap1o » Sat, 14. Oct 17, 22:36

thank you so much for your quick answer ^^

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 15. Oct 17, 06:33

What a coincidence - I am currently re-playing X2, and just yesterday did that very same mission!

By the way, in case it's of interest, there's also a non-combat way to gain that reputation: set up a Solar Power Plant in Paranid space (I put one in Paranid Prime, as the Paranids were attacking the Argon TL I hired to transport the station for me, so I ordered it to be deployed immediately where it happened to be at the time), and set the ECell sell price low (I used about 12, I think), load it up with crystals, and wait for the Paranids to come visit and buy your energy. This makes them happier, and pretty soon you'll get your Paranid docking privileges.

Happy hunting! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Cap1o

Post by Cap1o » Sun, 15. Oct 17, 10:23

I have already a solar plant in South Est cloud but i don't have crystals to let it on now.
Thank for your tip

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 15. Oct 17, 12:04

Unfortunately for you in this situation, Cloudbase SouthEast is in and accessed via Argon territory rather than Paranid and it may not get a lot of Paranid traders going there to buy energy as a preferred source. You might get some though. Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”