Turn off Encyclopedia voice?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snaphaan
x3

Turn off Encyclopedia voice?

Post by Snaphaan » Sat, 21. Oct 17, 16:59

Is it possible?

Every time I want to read the info I get distracted with that voice. I don't want all speech turned off from just that bloody annoying speech synth that happens every time I want more info...

It's driving me insane!!

Also (I should probably made a list of stuff):

Is there any way to command fleets a bit quicker. I have to...

1) Press Ctr+P
2) Press down arrow 3 x times, right arrow, enter - to select fleet or...
In a battle try and calm myself to move the mouse on the little button to select the fleet when I press Ctr + P.
3) Select command, select subcommand or sub-sub command.

Right, I just need something to return them quickly to formation.
Last edited by Snaphaan on Sat, 21. Oct 17, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 21. Oct 17, 19:02

I have a similar issue with regards to the highway music (and to a lesser extent combat music) - the ambient tracks that play while flying around are mostly excellent, but the combat tracks are a bit louder and not quite as much my cup of tea, and the highway music is WAY too loud and annoying, so I really wish I could turn it way down or off altogether. But I found a workaround of sorts (besides hardly ever using highways - sometimes this is just not possible, especially in the early game), and this works also for the annoying "smalltalk" convos, so should work for you too: there's a mute function that can be keybound - just set a convenient, accessible key to it, and then you can just mute all sound whenever something annoying plays. Yes, it's a bit of hassle (a keystroke to mute, another to un-mute afterward), but it still helped me to retain some shreds of sanity... (Now I just play older X titles instead. :P )
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 23. Oct 17, 03:03

RAVEN.myst wrote:I have a similar issue with regards to the highway music
This should solve a part of your problem: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... xt=highway

It works like a charm!

As for betty's voice and the combat music, I don't know anything similar.
At some point, though, I just turn off the music volume and play my own music.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 23. Oct 17, 03:11

@Ezarkal: Thanks for that link :) I've saved it, in case I should ever play Rebirth again - I consider it a significant QoL enhancement!
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Snaphaan
x3

Post by Snaphaan » Mon, 23. Oct 17, 19:54

I've found a shortcut to turn own the sound completely which helps then I try and read something.

Thanks anyway

Still have command issues and also... it's a nightmare to get ships following my skunk to help with protection missions. They are always waaaay to late, or it's a keyboard nightmare just to get them there before me.

Just horrible!!! Will make a new post for this.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”