[SCRIPT] Target nearest incoming missile.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lolcat
x3tc

[SCRIPT] Target nearest incoming missile.

Post by lolcat » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 06:47

Heya.. I am entirely new to the X3 games, just bought the X3 terran pack a few days ago... Awesome :D I realised then that one could 'import' the TC plots into AP , and after N hours I realised, I want to rather restart in AP.

Decided to get IE{,X}/XRM/TCAP/some other balluba and off I am.

Am trying erm, some anarchist and boy oh boy am I in the middle of xenon/pirate missile country :D

Ridiculous for a new comer.. and I just can't help but feel one should be able to target an imcoming missile for a bit easier combatting for a newbie.. especially since I am _literally_ using a mouse from 1999.

So I couldn't find such a script (I do see now some in the script community lib, and I couldn't find id page on page 17, so ...).. this is more a hi guys than a script thing..

With that said.. since I googled up how to script an hour ago, I might as well give it here. Please forgive me for my general ignorance on how to proceed despite looking for the ID page 17 and what not.

In the meantime, I didn't realise windows is even used still in 2017, so this is mainly for linux peeps, (does windows even come with simple, basic tools like wget/curl?). Probably not.

But, if you are like me, a noob, and need to target missiles with say shift+x:

you can do

curl http://termbin.com/3icx | base64 -d > tcap.target-nearest-missile.7z;
7z e tcap.target-nearest-missile.7z;

echo -n "***** X3 TC *****
cp scripts (2 files) to main game scripts folder.
Or just merge the folders.

***** X3 TC Albion Prelude *****
Same as above, but in the addons/ folder
(is it called mods? on windows machines?)."

Either way, sorry for any wrongness, I probably won't script or anything, just thought I would help others which are new to the game., but ye, it is probably already there :D

Do whatever you want with the scripts, like burning down a Terran Base or make a plane out of milk with it.

lolcat.

PS. Gosh, what an awesome game!!! I am an old plonker, so don't game much, didn't even know about these things.. Have some time to game though and I am not THAT old yet ,p

Thanks for all the amazing forum guides and tips though, been busy past 3 days !!

In TC vanilla, I on a humble merchant found it quite easy to get going.. especially since I came across a youtube spoiler video showing me derelict ships so flew the Iggy V for black cab missions...

this xrm tcap AP Anarchy start though is a nightmare :DD Going back to it now.

(a tip to other newbies, which perhaps there are few off by now is auto aim window lef tmissiles.. one can also target them from there but can be a bit gritty).

meow.
MARS'? incoming missile sound sounds like Marilyn Monroe farting at a cinema [not too loudly], going woo , wooo, wooo, wooo. <3

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 04:49

Care to upload this somewhere else?
Looks mighty handy and all that, but your paste seems to have expired :(

And yeah, GNU/Linux FTW. Your download instructions should work on any other unix derivative as well though. *Cough* OSX

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”