wireless headphones without bluetooth? [solved]

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mrbadger
x3tc

wireless headphones without bluetooth? [solved]

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 28. Oct 17, 19:55

I got my mum this Simple Music Player for Dementia to play audiobooks on now that she’s had a couple of strokes and can’t really see well enough to work anything too complicated.

Someone here actually suggested it. She uses the thing constantly. I wish it had more storage, 4gb is tiny, but that’s a minor niggle. The sound quality is pretty basic, so I can get away with massive compression of the audiobooks anyway.

But, the question

It doesn’t support wireless/bluetooth, you can plug in headphones, but her eyesight is too poor to expect her to plug in headphones all the time. Nonethess, she wants headphones.

Is there such a thing as headphones that can create their own wireless connectivity?

Like I could plug something into the back of the player and it would transmit to the headphones?

Cost is not an issue here, within reason that is. But I could do with some help on this.
Last edited by mrbadger on Sun, 29. Oct 17, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 28. Oct 17, 20:05

Just search for "Wireless headphones" on Amazon and select RF as the connection method rather than Bluetooth. If anything, those sets seem to be *cheaper* than the Bluetooth ones!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 28. Oct 17, 20:10

mrbadger wrote:It doesn’t support wireless/bluetooth...
Bluetooth transmitters can help with that.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 28. Oct 17, 20:20

Don't forget the problem of battery life/charging/swapping batteries while being recharged ... every other day at best.....no easy solution

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 28. Oct 17, 21:10

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
mrbadger wrote:It doesn’t support wireless/bluetooth...
Bluetooth transmitters can help with that.
Ah, promising, that might be it :)

thanks.

As for the headphone charge, that is an issue, it's true, but that's less of a problem, she has carers who can deal with that aspect.
pjknibbs wrote:Just search for "Wireless headphones" on Amazon and select RF as the connection method rather than Bluetooth. If anything, those sets seem to be *cheaper* than the Bluetooth ones!
Noted, I've owned some myself (and yet forgot about them, even though they are exactly what I needed), they are indeed more reliable, and they come with charging stands more often, which is a bonus. Found one already that fits the bill perfectly.

Not a huge fan of Bluetooth, I had just thought it was my only option in this case.

buying her these - Sennheiser RS165 Vibrant Sound Wireless Headphones. Bit overkill for Audiobooks, but she has a pretty good telly too. I'm going for an entire connected media centre eventually, with everything remotely controllable by us.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Return to “Off Topic English”