Details you want to see in the next X game

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Details you want to see in the next X game

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 29. Oct 17, 15:12

This should not be about big features like races or a perfect Fleet AI but about tiny things which you could imagine to be done in one day.

My Detail wishes:
Ion damage, XR had hacking to temporary disable systems ion damage should be a more combat oriented approach to this.
Ion damage decreases the efficiency of a system by an percentage e.g. shield lose capacity, weapons damage, engines speed, drone launchers capacity of controlled drones.
If the shield are still up this effect will be blocked but the shield takes serious damage, no hull damage.
The effect should stack in some way that both remaining time and lost efficiency increase, the later eventually reaching 100%.
The effect should be caused by different sources:
- Ion weapons (they origin from the Borons but where quite widespread in the Argon military too (in X3TC))
- Ion storm Nebulas, remember the lighting nebulas of X2 they should get a comeback
As hacking already was implemented I expect this to be doable, too, correct me otherwise.

Highways should have repeaters, which could be hacked ionized or damaged, ionizeds ramdomly forces ships to leave the highway, damaged forces out all and hacked allows the hacker to select the ships to be forced out.

more diversity in nebulas detrimental effects in XR there was only one deathtrap effect that blocked movement damaged shields and hull.
But I don't want an all in one solution buy many different:
-ionstrom see above
-sensor scrambler, pirates love them
-corrosive acrid, damages the hull but leaves the rest intact, maybe different shiptypes should have different resistances against corrosion and won't lose more than threshold hullpoints
-radioactivity, shield only have halved capacity(but wont go down on their own) and if offline the ship gets damaged rapidly(less effect on bigger ships)
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 29. Oct 17, 15:54

"Life."

I'd like to see..

A responsive economy that fuels merchant/trade AI. Supply/demand mechanics one can see reflected in where freighters are going, what they're carrying, etc. (Much like X3TC, I just want to be sure that's actually pretty prominent in X4.)

I want to see the raiding fleets one could see between factions that were on uneasy terms in X3TC. Split spontaneously raiding outlying Boron sectors, etc. (Or, whatever factions are there.) I really loved coming across such actions, as if the galaxy was carrying on with its life whether or not I was involved.

I'd like to see the "Bounty Hunter" mechanic in X3TC carried further. Previously only affecting relatively new players in the game, tapering off after one gains higher Fight rank, IIRC, I'd like to see sub-factions "react" more to things the player does that they don't like. That might include a race faction hiring Bounty Hunters when the player gets a bit too friendly with their rivals.

More ques to the player that things like this, and others, are going on - A lot of people have suggested the return of the newsfeed/bulletin-board type system and that, or something like it, might be really helpful. For instance, announcements that rival factions have recently had a conflict in a certain region of space would be great to experience, especially if it actually happened! Or, announcements that tensions in a region are being escalated might encourage the player to get there soon in order to take advantage of the likely salvage opportunities. There might even be "rumors" the player can get from NPCs regarding factions and the player could then get access to dynamic missions specific to these. So, a rumor that a pirate faction is experiencing internal conflicts might result in a bounty-hunter mission being available from the faction leader to destroy a rival. But, only if the player seeks it out in fairly short order. (ie:Not only announcements that demonstrate to the player the "living" nature of the game, but encourages them to interact with it.)

IOW - I want the player, myself, to feel more as if they are interacting with a living galaxy that has "stories" going on within it, providing the player, myself, with a great deal of fuel for their imaginitive immersion in the game.

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Mon, 30. Oct 17, 03:01

Having a responsive stock market based on the actual economic situation of the galaxy would be a great side feature.
With stock rising or falling down with event like war, station being destroyed, etc
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 15:34

refering this fix in X:R for the next X this feature should be expanded:
the player should be able to set an upper and lower bound for the buy and sell prices.
The should adjust between these boundaries depending on the storage.
because average ist not always the best border.
And a min amount to sell and max amount to buy border might be a good idea too.
My X3 Mods

krampe667
x4

Post by krampe667 » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 17:29

Refering to the Q&A thread:
Q: Will there be a stock market in X4, like their was in X3:AP?
A: No, this is an example of the kind of thing Bernd was referring to when he said talked about the X3 series having become over-burdened with features.

I only whish to play as a real pirate. YARRR!

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 20:38

lots of stuff to find in non-charted space, not random containers out of thin air:

Destroyed ships and salvage.
Random phenomena.
Lure signals for traps or treasure.
Ancient tech/mods.
Rich asteroid belts.
Secret pirate bases.

The locked container thing was a good idea if implemented properly:

As, you get a signal in long range, find a hidden pirate cache of containers behind a big distant asteroid, you start looting them, pirate appears with company, you are in trouble, and so on...
Last edited by ezra-r on Thu, 9. Nov 17, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 22:34

I'd like more scripted missions and randomised ones based on certain conditions like rank with a race opens up a new side subplot etc and alot and I mean ALOT of new NPC's with unique interactions like friendly ones you can work directly with say a manager travelling in his ship which you can work deals with, services NPC's offer like a NPC's who has a shipyard can offer unique ships if you deal with him enough, I'd like hundred as a minimal of NPC's who you can talk to who do stuff with instead of asking for directions or surrender etc or NPC's that offer crap generic missions.

I don't want a bare bones universe and I don't want to see egosoft relying on those fans who just want to build a empire getting fleets and stations, I want them to make a proper living universe with actual people to talk to that offer interesting random but interesting gameplay. That's my wish.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 21:20

1. After-action report, summarizing the combat encounter that just took place, with damage, avoidance, accuracy, and cost/loss statistics.

2a. Black box recorders on all ships; you scoop them up and you can see video of the last 10 - 30 seconds of what the hell happened to that ship.

2b. The ability to re-play (in-engine) the last combat that took place involving the player ship, with detached free-movement camera, and playback controls, so that we can do some cinematic takes and put together a nice youtube video.

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 23:54

ezra-r wrote:lots of stuff to find in non-charted space, not random containers out of thin air:

Destroyed ships and salvage.
Random phenomena.
Lure signals for traps or treasure.
Ancient tech/mods.
Rich asteroid belts.
Secret pirate bases.

The locked container thing was a good idea if implemented properly:

As, you get a signal in long range, find a hidden pirate cache of containers behind a big distant asteroid, you start looting them, pirate appears with company, you are in trouble, and so on...
ajax34i wrote:1. After-action report, summarizing the combat encounter that just took place, with damage, avoidance, accuracy, and cost/loss statistics.

2a. Black box recorders on all ships; you scoop them up and you can see video of the last 10 - 30 seconds of what the hell happened to that ship.
This 100%

Plus:
->ancient ultra rare ships, stations and gates that appear randomly in certain sectors given certain conditions
->boron and "acquatic" sectors
->not only stations and ships that vastly differ beween each race (like x3), but also gates that differ from each zone (gates are a big part of the X universe and we see them very often, so it would be nice to get more variety)
->nebulae with different effects on ships (like ubuntufreakdragon said), wormholes
->living creatures on asteroid surfaces, inside nebulae and in deep space
->the return of all the awesome ships and stations from XR
->fleet that don't forget to escape when they destroy a capital ship before it explodes! :evil:
->secrets, A LOT
->video comunications without that ugly background that has never been changed since X3:R :roll:

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Sat, 11. Nov 17, 06:58

Random Generate Maps
:) or procedural util you machine explode

Fedora01
x4

Post by Fedora01 » Sat, 11. Nov 17, 10:09

vadiolive wrote:Random Generate Maps
:) or procedural util you machine explode
A ring or cluster (depending on where "civilized" space ends) of randomly/procedurally generated unknown sectors that could act as an open war zone between pirates, Xenon and any one else daring enough to enter. The various races would avoid moving into these areas due to the high cost and risk involved making it prime real estate for Pirates and Private Companies.
In space no-one can hear you scream unless you're transmitting on the right radio frequency.

It was about this time I realized I might have too many tabs open.

stormwings85
x4

Post by stormwings85 » Sat, 11. Nov 17, 15:47

Almost all the above and:
More weapons with different effects on sistem/shield/hull (i also want back the flack cannon) and a lower rate of fire on the weapos (specially the anti-capital)
Some QoL:
Be able, like in the old X, to pilot my ship even if i have a menu/map open
Real or at least better collisions (XR was even worse than an arcade game).

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 00:15

Sector chatter and the ability to intervene in other people's fights (with conversation hooks when hailing ships during/after), similar to what the excellent LIFE mod did for X3 but more fleshed out.

Stonehouse
x4

Post by Stonehouse » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 09:10

I want a trade interface where i could ENTER a NUMBER and not just use a slider to need a hour to adjust a definded amount (i want a hotkey back for sell all buy all, i think pos1 and end at x3?)

I want a "buy again" option for CUSTOM ship loadouts...don't want to setup turret/drone loads everytime from zero

I want an option to silence my staff if i interact with em (or just shorten)

I want an option to define WHAT kind of msg/log i get from my stuff.

And...im so happy to see that the map and the news window got splitted otherwise that would be something i wanted too ... (enemy from ....hey u got money ... oh killed)

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 09:31

Pancakes. Definitely pancakes. It worked with XR, it will work with X4
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 00:41

I want to capture & reprogram terra-formers for salvage/mining operations.
This is only a virtual reality.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 14:04

Stonehouse wrote:I want a trade interface where i could ENTER a NUMBER and not just use a slider to need a hour to adjust a definded amount

I want a "buy again" option for CUSTOM ship loadouts...don't want to setup turret/drone loads everytime from zero
Both taken care of :)
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Sat, 18. Nov 17, 05:08

I want to be able to use a proper Teladi name. I tried playing as Mendacious Auriferous Eudæmonia X, but the Pilot Name field wasn't big enough. It's a pirate name that means "tenth demon who uses happy lies to steal gold".

Edit: Done. The third twitch stream showed the pilot had a respectable full length Teladi name.
Last edited by patient zero on Sun, 17. Dec 17, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
This is only a virtual reality.

[FFCW]Urizen
x4

Post by [FFCW]Urizen » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 00:22

I want the game to advise me ( atleast twice per minute! ) that a ship I own is under attack in the Zone I am in. Otherwise it wouldn´t feel like X3TC!

On a more serious note: I want both micro- and macromanagement. Also I would like to be able to choose between a stationary HQ ( think player HQ in X3R/TC/AP ) and a mobile HQ ( think Aran/M0 in Vanilla/XTC ).
Insanity is just another form of brilliance!

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 05:50

A nice backgroundimage for the Galaxy map.
dangerous systems close to the centre of the Galaxy and civilized in the outer parts, as the high background radiation prohibits habitable planets, and the high amounts of resources should attract the Xenon.
My X3 Mods

Return to “X4: Foundations”