Details you want to see in the next X game

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 00:41

I want to capture & reprogram terra-formers for salvage/mining operations.
This is only a virtual reality.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 14:04

Stonehouse wrote:I want a trade interface where i could ENTER a NUMBER and not just use a slider to need a hour to adjust a definded amount

I want a "buy again" option for CUSTOM ship loadouts...don't want to setup turret/drone loads everytime from zero
Both taken care of :)
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Sat, 18. Nov 17, 05:08

I want to be able to use a proper Teladi name. I tried playing as Mendacious Auriferous Eudæmonia X, but the Pilot Name field wasn't big enough. It's a pirate name that means "tenth demon who uses happy lies to steal gold".

Edit: Done. The third twitch stream showed the pilot had a respectable full length Teladi name.
Last edited by patient zero on Sun, 17. Dec 17, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
This is only a virtual reality.

[FFCW]Urizen
x4

Post by [FFCW]Urizen » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 00:22

I want the game to advise me ( atleast twice per minute! ) that a ship I own is under attack in the Zone I am in. Otherwise it wouldn´t feel like X3TC!

On a more serious note: I want both micro- and macromanagement. Also I would like to be able to choose between a stationary HQ ( think player HQ in X3R/TC/AP ) and a mobile HQ ( think Aran/M0 in Vanilla/XTC ).
Insanity is just another form of brilliance!

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 05:50

A nice backgroundimage for the Galaxy map.
dangerous systems close to the centre of the Galaxy and civilized in the outer parts, as the high background radiation prohibits habitable planets, and the high amounts of resources should attract the Xenon.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 11:52

Three things come to mind within the context of the original question:

1. I'd like to be able to land the ship I'm piloting and see it landing...

2. I'd like my enemies to actively hunt or pursue me outside of sectors/zones I happen to encounter them in.

3. Friendly fire incidents and ship collisions to be handled in a way so as not to frustrate the player.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 16:12

1: a consistent command bridge for the capital

2: many more interactions with NPCs; in particular I would like an option command for subordinates within our fleet which, if activated, allows them to automatically spot enemy ships on the horizon and let us know

3: more singly hit points outside the capital

4: more alien races; above all, different from the humanoid form and able to speak also different languages

5: at least 300 clusters to explore, or better yet, a map automatically and procedurally generated

6: NPCs must be able to level up and improve their skills

7: the possibility of slightly adjusting the basic statistics of a ship when you buy it instead of finding it already pre-set

8: mysterious outposts hidden inside nebulae or asteroid clusters like the Split and Khaak bases in XR

9: very important, each ship must have at least one construction URV to repair itself

10: the ability to take control of a group of turrets on the ship, effectively moving from the command chair to a secondary chair for their control, each group of turrets on the ship must have its chair and its panel from which to access it, or an NPC that controls the turrets

11: the Xenon P must return to being a big and threatening ship, not the midge that was in XR

12: non-profit stations, purely residential stations, civilian ships as decorations

13: shipyards of the various races must have different quantities of the same type of ship depending on the race (for example the Teladi one will have more types of cargo ships, the split one will have more warships)

14: fundamental, the possibility of recovering reputation or signing a peace with the civilized factions when it falls too much, and bring it back to a neutral level

15: there must be coherence between the background of a cluster and the background of another cluster in the direction in which we have just moved

16: Collision damage MUST ABSOLUTELY REMAIN DISABLED

17: a module of the station that allows to build an office where to put the manager who manages it

18: another module that allows us to build our 'apartment' where we can customize our uniform and that of our subordinates

19: the possibility of recovering something more from the debris of ships destroyed or abandoned

20: mining ships have to work independently without necessarily being part of our fleet, and without receiving orders to collect and sell resources each time

21: transport ships, if attacked, must automatically interrupt their order, activate the engines, and escape if necessary

22: the same goes for the capital, they can't remain there to be massacred once suffered too much damage

23: is not a true x4 without the Paranid Odysseus, impressive, menacing, the best ship that was conceived in x3 in my opinion

24: if I find myself in a Teladi primary sector, I expect to find 100% Teladi characters

25: a fierce competition between two stations must generate sabotage, attacks, engagement of pirates to attack the competitor, even if the two stations belong to the same race, and especially if the race in question is prone to such behavior (example: the borons will not attack each other, the Split instead, they will)

26: Pirates must attack if they are aware of their probable victory and of the loot they could draw to increase their traffic, not without knowledge of what they are doing

27: when trying to communicate with a Xenon ship, the latter must emit a disturbed sound that gives us the true feeling of being trying to interact with a machine out of control

28: Xenon ships can't be abandoned because they don't have a pilot

29: if I accept to defend a station from an enemy raid, it is unthinkable that if a bullet accidentally hits it, then this automatically wants me dead

30: real conflicts between different split families

31: rivalry between argon and terran

32: different ways of managing and producing energy depending on the faction in question, even with different solar power plants

33: no crafting

34: buildable shipyards and treated like any other station

35: trading must be completely automatable even without having to buy a trading software MK3 or assign ships to a station

36: different factors that can trigger a real temporary war between argon and paranid, and between boron and split

37: Khaaks as the most powerful and dangerous race even if present in smaller quantities than other races

38: nebulae, black holes, minefields, asteroids containing resources, environmental events must appear randomly in different places within the sectors predisposed for such events

39: the possibility of building gates in the sectors at the edge of the map, and expand the boundaries of the universe, if the universe is not automatically and procedurally generated

40: the possibility of working as an employee for a corporation, or serving the military forces of a faction

41: the possibility of buying a station already built by the AI

Shadowcaster787
xr

Post by Shadowcaster787 » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 02:09

How about a name change for the Khaak. :lol: (jokes)

I would like to see sectors under control highlighted, what major/minor factions hold what territory. Zones which show or don't show hot and cold zones, maybe the ability to take over entire zones and even sectors and maps that shows what space is under your control. Something like akin to Starpoint Gemini Warlords but on a massive scale.

I heard it mentioned elsewhere how different ships will have various speeds and turning radius, I realize there is some non realism involved but this just seems silly. It's space, unless you are traveling faster than FTL in a straight line. Then your more likely to run into something that would slow you down or blow you up from collision.

I would also like to see something that gives the illusion of your ship moving while stopped. This isn't Trek there is no such thing as full stop in space. Which was what we saw with the previous X games.

Spinning worlds, if worlds must spin make sure they follow their own rotations. Not something effected by the travel speed of your ship as you do a flyby. Time, speeds, distance should have no effect on the spacial bodies.

I would also like to something implemented that might not make sense from a gaming perspective. While in cockpit view while using weapons you hear sounds, which is good but while in third person view outside ship view I would opt for no sounds. Because in space no one can hear you scream as the old addage goes.

Different kinds of drive systems would be a nice touch example FTL, Hyperdrive, Warp drives etc...

I would also like to see some realism in the sense of planetoid bodies, examples gas giants, ring worlds, moons, ice planets, dwarf stars, nebulas, black holes etc...

I would like to see travel lanes and warp gates removed in favor of drive systems and no loading screens. Map travel should be seemless.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 09:10

Since this is about "details":

1. Return of slightly more intricate docking/internal docking a la X2

Somewhat relatedly:

2. Keeping softwares/ship upgrades modular and offering game starts from close to zero. X3 felt like most of the game starts gave you a lot to begin with, and since you never really had to dock manually or were otherwise inconvenienced by missing upgrades, it took away from the early game experience somewhat. I've always liked the idea of how such starts "force" you to start off with the maximum of immersion (doing everything yourself) and then you earn shortcuts as the game goes on and such things wear out their welcome (autopilot, docking computer, JD, etc.).

Shadowcaster787 wrote: I would also like to something implemented that might not make sense from a gaming perspective. While in cockpit view while using weapons you hear sounds, which is good but while in third person view outside ship view I would opt for no sounds. Because in space no one can hear you scream as the old addage goes.
This is actually only partially true! As soon as there is a medium, such as expanding gases in an explosion, or the trail of a rocket engine, you very much would hear something as a floating camera or in a ship at a distance. In fact, since there's no air resistance, any particles or matter ejected just keep going at the same speed, so you will be able to "hear" things from further away and faster (provided there's enough of an impact on your hull/microphone/space suit).

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 12:01

Will we see the Skunk in X4?

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 14:06

DaMuncha wrote:Will we see the Skunk in X4?
Better if it remains a bad memory

CorruptUser
x4

Post by CorruptUser » Thu, 1. Mar 18, 04:47

A truly functioning economy that doesn't rely on the computer cheating in order to keep from breaking.

That's really all I need for a great X game. If you only have 3 races and 30 ships, I can be satisfied for the extra year it takes for the other races and ships to be added...
I must defend my honor!

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Thu, 1. Mar 18, 12:06

DaMuncha wrote:Will we see the Skunk in X4?
No.
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 1. Mar 18, 17:26

Thats bad. I wanted to blast any and every Skunk/Albion Pride I'd see in X4 - a rightful vengance for X-Rebirth one-ship design (and the comments about smelly male clothes).

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 1. Mar 18, 19:10

I wanted to paint it pink and give it over to a specific Teladi...
Good it's not present
Spoiler
Show
(for the Teladi)
On topic:
may be a customizable ui color scheme
or a personalized logo or color scheme for your ships
and a customizable faction name (which is different from your pilot name) with ship name prefix.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Silla
xr

Post by Silla » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 04:25

I’d like to have an interesting and well written story with interesting characters and twists. Maybe even several of those story lines. Similar to an rpg there could be special characters in the game that go about their job and are part of one or even several of those storylines. If you happen to meet them you could trigger a story when the conditions are right. Some characters could even die by accidents and potentially changing other stories or closing the door to triggering a story at all in your playthrough.

I think one of the best detail a game can have is a universe filled with characters and stories to explore. And I’m not talking about stories that make you do things like building a station or collecting a million energy cells. I’m aware that the biggest problem of this is the voice acting that has to be done.
My solution to this would be to only voice important parts but in all other cases you could use something like an alien language voice over that gets translated as text in you hud by your translator instead.

Hiztaar
x4

Post by Hiztaar » Sun, 11. Mar 18, 17:05

Two things that I would love :

1. Having the ability to create one or many companies that actually exist in the world. That can appear in stock exchanges, that can even compete between themselves

2. The ability to create and name a political faction. It's the parallel of companies. With the actions a Faction would take : plan military assaults, capture sectors (and their potential attached worlds who are in the lore and skyboxes but not really used for their gameplay interactions with the economy and politics), set prime, autorize or forbid organizations, negotiate with other factions, etc.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sun, 11. Mar 18, 17:36

42: if I hit the shield of a ship, I want to see on it for a few moments the 'reflection' of the shield (typically blue) that protects the ship from the bullet at the point where it was hit

43: dynamic damage, if I hit a part of the ship, and the hull suffers damage at that point, that point must remain visibly damaged until the next hull repair

44: the introduction of flares fired to defend themselves from missiles
(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zZ-HIFTQlnw/maxresdefault.jpg)

45: a minimum distance for which a missile is launched, this causes less damage to the ship that launched it if the missile is destroyed during its launch

46: the Khaak cluster, capable of dividing itself into several ships

47: the models of the Argon or Terran ships strongly inspired by those of battlestar galactica online (they are really beautiful)

48: large colonial ships containing cities; I will open a small discussion about it: I know that this would be an addition that could take a long time to be implemented, in fact it is more a detail to add at the end of all the work, let's think for a moment to all those people who often ask to be able to land on planets, there are those who would like to go in search of life forms, who to find resources ... What I think is missing in the game, are real cities, but entire planets would be spaces too large to implement them, so I thought: why not introduce mobile ships that contain within them moorings and real cities? maybe initially only one ship, then a berth, then some interiors with buildings, and so on, something like this (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/14/ba/5b ... 629162.jpg)

49: it would be nice, unlike x3, if the ship loses maximum speed only if it was hit by the engines instead of the hull in general

50: highways at the center of the main sectors and large numbers of stations with long traffic corridors that give the sensation of being in a densely populated and lively area compared to the outermost areas

51: one or even more (in larger ships) pilots able to interact with us verbally depending on the situation, as did the Skunk copilot

52: Aldrin, the story of the lost colony can't miss in a space game, it creates a lot of charm

53: propulsion systems that don't consume shields, is a way that just doesn't work according to me: sometimes happens to get to the center of a battle without shields, sometimes happens to have to travel long distances and have to stop to recharge the shields; I think it would be right to add a third bar over the hull and the shield that represents the energy of the engines (their overheating), which in this case lasts longer than the shields and allows us to wait for their recharge less often, and not prevents us from running in the middle of the fights, fearing to be defenseless

54: prices more balanced to the real utility of the ship in question and how much it actually manages to last once purchased, in the old games it often happened to buy ships that did not worth the price paid, and that after a few minutes were destroyed for some reason, the player so avoided buying those ships, and that's not good

55: a second type of currency over the credits, perhaps of greater value and obtainable in more rare cases that allows us to access ships or goods of greater value

56: real criminal organizations, pirates and illegal trades that trade between multiple stations

57: the possibility of impersonating an adventure purely in the role of a pirate or an enemy faction without having to have a high reputation with some commonwealth race in order to proceed in the game, trade, build, perform missions; in short, the same characteristics of the standard breeds should be applied to non-friendly races as much as possible rather than being limited to the simple interaction with them through the only firearms

58: real pirate bases or agglomerations of them including construction sites, production of weapons, production of illegal goods, defensive systems

59: representatives of the various factions, diplomats, officers, governors, and stations with buildings dedicated to the control systems of the territory of a faction such as headquarters, parliaments, training centers
Last edited by Karvat on Sun, 11. Mar 18, 20:25, edited 2 times in total.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sun, 11. Mar 18, 20:20

i would like to see unique ships, some powerful ones and some others as trophys (such as the skunk lol!)
X gamer , one at a time.

Len5

Post by Len5 » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 02:21

Some small things I's like to see:
-an option for more realistic sounds (so just the sounds inside the ship)
-a save space to keep some idle ships (knowing they would get attacked)

Return to “X4: Foundations”