X4 will rock

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Doogerie1

X4 will rock

Post by Doogerie1 » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 17:54

X4 looks pitty good from what I can see lots of ships and living stations ect but after X: Reberh i m a little worried. X3 was so good can X4 compair I think they have learnt from Reberth and i understand that the ships we have now can be piloted by AI and we can walk around them also we are not tied to one ship we Can go from a transport to a fighter to capital ship an we can walk around these. i am excited for this we will be like proper star ship captins we will basicly be living in a real concurent universe.

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Wed, 1. Nov 17, 00:15

Yes, x4 looks pitty good but it isn't real. This is only a virtual reality.
This is only a virtual reality.

Crimsonraziel
x4

Post by Crimsonraziel » Wed, 1. Nov 17, 10:22

patient zero wrote:Yes, x4 looks pitty good but it isn't real. This is only a virtual reality.
Well, is reality real?
Is anything real in the first place?
Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry!
#MakeNishalaGreatAgain #BoronLivesMatter :boron:
#LoveAldrin #FreeAlbion #ReturnOfMegalodon

tnorgate
x4

Post by tnorgate » Wed, 1. Nov 17, 18:42

:)

Semris
xr

Post by Semris » Thu, 2. Nov 17, 16:30

X Rebirth was horrible. I have recently went through the trouble of buying it´s DLCs and reinstalling it and I don´t know how long I managed to play before deleting it again. Maybe 4 hours.

They want to keep some stuff from it like highways which are again pretty bad... The more I think about it the more I´m afraid of the result.

They should have (i) forget about X Rebirth in the first place and (ii) made improved X3 like game.

At this point I doubt I will even buy the game. I know I have promised myself not to after X3 Terran Conflict and especially X Rebirth (which doesn´t even feel like space SIM, more like some kind of arcade). I was hyped after X4 presentation for a while but that initial hype is now gone.

X3 Reunion was the best one by far. :x3:
Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake 4 GHz, Intel Z170
RAM 64GB DDR4 Kingston Hyper X Fury 2400 MHz
AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti WATERFORCE Xtreme Edition 11G
SSD 240GB, HDD 2000GB
Windows 10 Pro

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Thu, 2. Nov 17, 16:47

So you didn't like (or even buy?) two out of three X3 games, yet want to have another X3 game? I feel that doesn't make a lot of sense. :gruebel:

Besides pre-release hype is rarely a good reason to buy a game. Waiting for the after release reviews to see how the game turns out to be, is a policy which works good for me. I can only suggest to try this out, too. :)
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

ergo
x3tc

Post by ergo » Sat, 4. Nov 17, 21:12

Meh, I dont think so. Looks like more of the same, and I guess it will be fixed for another year after a release before it becomes playable - like every single time before. Planets and a good story this time, or not worth to invest time & money. Especially having so many good space sims out there.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 6. Nov 17, 02:01

Semris wrote:
They should have (i) forget about X Rebirth in the first place and (ii) made improved X3 like game.

They'd of gone bankrupt if they dragged it on another 2 years, X4 wont even have Boron in it until perhaps a new DLC Expansion a year or 2 later?

X3: TC/AP wasn't made in a day, it was the work of constant updates and improvements to previous versions of the X3 game engine, it took many years to get it in the state it was, from X3: Reunion to previous titles.
With Rebirth we are simply seeing a repeat of a new game engine that will take many years before it reaches it's full potential with a customer base unwilling to be patient enough to wait (Like it's the only Space sim out there).
They've also made reasons why another X3 Expansion instead of Rebirth was out of the question. Their reasons was the engine was "becoming to large, too unmanageable" and they "pushed it as far as they could."

Rebirth added allot of what modders added to the original X3 like Station/trade mechanics, boosters etc.

It's obvious Rebirth was rushed and that they ran out of time, Egosoft's publishers probably weren't going to extend funding or pushed for no further delays and they were forced to release it in the form we got in V1.0; just wish Bernd was honest enough to admit that they couldn't wait any longer, just as long as they promised to maintain support and improve it over the years until their next release like they are still doing with TC and AP, then whatever goodwill Bernd may of lost at release would of been redeemed if they kept on with support.

But we're in V4.20, 2 dlc later and the game works great. It is far better than X3 in many retrospect's, sometimes I think many haven't even bought the game or even tried it cause V4.20 is not the same game as V1.0 and with CWIR, it's far better than the war mechanics of X3, by far.

I don't buy the "Rage Quit" excuse anymore.. Had it been around the time of 1.0 even as far as 3.0/Teladi Outpost? I certainly would of understood their reasons to drop the game after a few hours, legit concerns of a game that was still buggy and not yet satisfactory.

But X4.0+ with Home of Light which added a ton of new content and fixes? I think it's increasingly just the case that people that hated it have given it another go in it's current form? are liking it while there's those that'll never like it even if it was a perfect X3 clone, they'll just keep hating on it and that can't be reasoned with, a case of "good luck with that".

And yeah, some of us actually like playing Rebirth and when I hear people complaining to "Cut support to Rebirth" to move onto an X3 based successor like it's the holy grail of space sims and will only take a couple of years to implement? It makes me roll my eyes.
Don't get me wrong, X3 was good, i'm glad they are still supporting it with fixes.. But it was not THAT good, not by a long shot, not good that I would buy it again, it doesn't interest me enough.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Mon, 6. Nov 17, 05:45

Well I like all the things that I have seen so far about X4. However, if they put the same targeting system in X4 thats in Rebirth I will NOT buy the game.

Not being able to LOCK a target get old really fast. So does having the game switch your target lock or even worse is when it deselects your target. I don't fly with a mouse, I use a joystick / hota's setup and getting killled because you cannot keep a target locked because the game keeps switching or deselecting your target is a Fatal Design Flaw in my opinion.

Not ranting either, been a long time Egosoft customer, just upset that after all this time this has not been fixed. So I worry that this will be carried over into X4...
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 6. Nov 17, 14:08

Lazerath wrote:Not being able to LOCK a target get old really fast. So does having the game switch your target lock or even worse is when it deselects your target.
Sorry for going a bit OT, but this should be in with the current beta, for both XR and XRVR. We added support for toggling target lock which could be mapped to a key on your stick.

If it doesn't work, do please let us know. Would be good to sort it out before the next version goes out of beta.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Mon, 6. Nov 17, 14:25

I'm looking forward to X4

imo XR was very different to X3, and I ENJOYED the experience and the difference

Yeah that's right, XR was fun

after the bloated overly feature heavy mess the previous games ended up being, it was more streamlined, more focused, more like X than the X3 games

note however im not saying it was perfect and without flaws, just that i enjoyed the difference in the decisions made behind the game & it's features

peoples main complaint about XR
"You can only fly one ship - It's not the proper X experience"
did these people NEVER play the first x game ???

So, when it releases I will buy it, i will play it hundreds of hours like the previous games, but i will view it on it's merits
this will allow me to enjoy the experience that they have planned for it

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Tue, 7. Nov 17, 03:07

j.harshaw wrote:
Lazerath wrote:Not being able to LOCK a target get old really fast. So does having the game switch your target lock or even worse is when it deselects your target.
Sorry for going a bit OT, but this should be in with the current beta, for both XR and XRVR. We added support for toggling target lock which could be mapped to a key on your stick.

If it doesn't work, do please let us know. Would be good to sort it out before the next version goes out of beta.
Jumping for joy!! Thanks for the good news! Glad I waited this long to get back into it! Beta here I come!

Edit: Wasn't done typing when my internet crapped out. Anyhow I've watched all the video's multiple times and each time I am impressed by how well it all looks in its alpha stage. The new map interactions are a welcome addition in my opinion. Being able to walk around your ship at a dock and seamlessly board it and fly away.. Thats another kick ass addition I've always wanted to see in the game.

Of course bringing back the ability to fly ANY ship is of course the best decision they made! Looking forward to this game in a year....or...two!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Toramo

Post by Toramo » Wed, 8. Nov 17, 13:25

Wow, I'm back here since ages. One of my last post was something like this :
I'll not forget. (what they did with XR).

And today, I still do not forget this HUGE SUCCESS (Bernd words the day after the launch)

Personnaly, I'll not buy X4 until I'm sure all promises will be hold.

One of the biggest failed for XR (except the bugs ...) was the marketing campaign... They sold a game on promises, the one realeased was totally different from what players were expecting (especially true fan of the old X series).

It was so failed that they changed the welcome page / topic of X:R after the launch to adjust it reasonably... They defended themselves by saying XR is not a true X game it is normal (despite it has been sold like a X games during the pre-order phase)

All of this disappointed me so hard, really...

X4 Promises are very nice. And I'm looking forward on this project. But I'll think it twice before to buy it.
I think they understood their mistakes with XR, Egosoft have always been providing a good support and have always listening to their community.
So I think they deserve an another chance to resurrect this amazing series.

Fingers are crossed !

Good luck to all dev, I wish you to release the greatest X ever made ! Really !

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 8. Nov 17, 18:40

Toramo wrote:...So I think they deserve an another chance to resurrect this amazing series...
^---- This.

For some weird reason, fans have stuck around for years. I'm an X3TC fan and am still here. There are fans here from the first X game and many of them are still chugging along in their favorite one.

Obviously, Egosoft did something right.

So, just as obviously, they have an increased probability of doing something right again.

I'm betting on that for X4. :)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 8. Nov 17, 19:50

I don't understand the argument about XR not being a real X game. Does it really matter? What matters if it was a big buggy nonsense and unfinished practically until (place your limit here).

What I like about Egosoft is they make space games in which you can build an empire, play the economy, make an army and fight, explore space, etc. Being it an X game or Y is kind of irrelevant if the game is not good no matter the brand/franchise it is.

Just hope X4:F being an X game or not, gets to be enjoyable and entertaining with as few game breaking bugs as possible (no cap ship asteroid belt pinball, and other Egosoft® nonsense looking for a realism that does not exist because of stupid AI, etc.).

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Wed, 8. Nov 17, 20:36

"What I like about Egosoft is they make space games in which you can build an empire, play the economy, make an army and fight, explore space, etc"

That's what it used to be now, its all about plots

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 00:02

RodentofDoom wrote:peoples main complaint about XR
"You can only fly one ship - It's not the proper X experience"
did these people NEVER play the first x game ???
Now that you mention it: No.

I started with X2, so X:BtF would have been a step back, just like Rebirth.
And I'm not convinced yet that Foundation is going to be a step forward.

Toramo

Post by Toramo » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 10:16

ezra-r wrote:I don't understand the argument about XR not being a real X game. Does it really matter? What matters if it was a big buggy nonsense and unfinished practically until (place your limit here).

What I like about Egosoft is they make space games in which you can build an empire, play the economy, make an army and fight, explore space, etc. Being it an X game or Y is kind of irrelevant if the game is not good no matter the brand/franchise it is.

Just hope X4:F being an X game or not, gets to be enjoyable and entertaining with as few game breaking bugs as possible (no cap ship asteroid belt pinball, and other Egosoft® nonsense looking for a realism that does not exist because of stupid AI, etc.).
I think it does, yes.

The argument about X:R not really an X game is totally relevant from my point of view. Because this is exactly why the community became angry.

Everyone was waiting for an X game and we just got something else. I don't know why exactly, but in my opinion, if everyone were so disappointed it is because the communication prior to the launch date wasn't clear and the community felt duped.

So, even if X:R is, today, a "not so bad" space game, bugs + disappointment of fans just killed the game instantly.
The gameplay mechanics on the game was so far away from what the community were expected that we "known" it will never be the game we were waiting for...

Anyway this is past :) !
Let's look forward into X4, announcement and features are exciting for now. The Macro management features looks like what we were all waiting for (something to manage the empire, ships, and stations).
Now I just hope they will not forget the Micro management part. Modulable ship with equipments, to train AI pilot etc...

In my opinion, this full scale sim (managing one scout to a complete empire) is what make X, X .

++

krampe667
x4

Post by krampe667 » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 12:48

i would buy X4, even if it would be just a bland copy of X3AP with an improved engine.
(Some more Plots would be nice but it's not a must^^)
Last edited by krampe667 on Thu, 9. Nov 17, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

Crellion
x3tc

Post by Crellion » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 14:05

krampe667 wrote:i would buy X4, even it would just a bland copy of X3AP with an improved engine.
(Some more Plots would be nice but it's not a must^^)
<3

Return to “X4: Foundations”