Station building?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Station building?

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 21:38

How will station be build in X4?
A TL throwing everything into space, quite unlikely.
A one use CV like in XR that will stay close to the station for eternality, quite unpopular.
A one use CV that becomes the first segment of the station, looks better but how to replace this segment if it gets destroyed?
A reusable CV that builds either the whole station or a building platform which than takes over or anything between, in this case these ships should be rather expensive and therefore rentable.
If you rent a CV you may should be able to use their blueprints, too.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 23:19

I rather liked the old way from xbtf and x2.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Stonehouse
x4

Post by Stonehouse » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 07:53

A reusable CV that builds either the whole station or a building platform which than takes over or anything between, in this case these ships should be rather expensive and therefore rentable.
If you rent a CV you may should be able to use their blueprints, too.
If i get it right, something like that is the way to do it. At one stream they said u could hire a cv to build your station.

Crimsonraziel
x4

Post by Crimsonraziel » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 10:22

You may want to watch the 2. livestream. There is a dedicated section about station building.
Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry!
#MakeNishalaGreatAgain #BoronLivesMatter :boron:
#LoveAldrin #FreeAlbion #ReturnOfMegalodon

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 18:52

Can you give me a link please?
My X3 Mods

Commander_K
x4

Post by Commander_K » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 20:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk4pPuC3GjA

The building part starts at around 14 minutes. But I don't remember when exactly the CV was discussed.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 21:33

After watching the video, I got a new question, can you own a CV?
My X3 Mods

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 21:48

From the X4 Q&A that you may find useful to browse through:

Q. How are stations built? Does the station builds itself or is there any kind of construction device?

A. It is the latter. There are construction vessels and they can be hired. You don't have to own them yourself and even NPCs hire them just like the player does. They're like service providers flying through the universe. How exactly the construction will be presented will definitely change a lot [from what we’ve seen in the videos].
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Sat, 18. Nov 17, 23:41

I think I read somewhere you build the base module of a station first using a CV.
For later modules, you command that base module to construct other modules.

They might make it so that this base module won't ever be destroyed completely, but rather wrecked.
The onboard engineer could just re-build that base module automatically when the required resources are in stock.
The NPC's could move from this module to the rest of the station, so they don't have to live inside a wrecked module.

Other modules might be wrecked too when destroyed, just like in X Rebirth.
If other modules would be permanently destroyed, it could mean that certain parts of the station will become separated (not linked together anymore), this could be a problem.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 19. Nov 17, 01:11

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:After watching the video, I got a new question, can you own a CV?
I can't imagine why not. But, if you are just starting out in the station construction business, I imagine it would be far cheaper to simply hire one out than to purchase a CV. It would probably only become economically viable to do so if you were going to construct a very large number of stations.

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Sun, 19. Nov 17, 12:27

PowerPC603 wrote:They might make it so that this base module won't ever be destroyed completely, but rather wrecked.
They already said there is no "base/fundamental module" (in the sense that there is not a special first module to put in a station) and that stations can be completely destroyed. If I understood correctly, modules will be wrecked when "destroyed" (keeping the station together this way) and when all the modules will be destroyed the station is dead (maybe there will be a physical wreck there, but the station won't be usable anymore, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to say that you can completely destroy stations differently from XR if then they can get repaired like in XR).

Return to “X4: Foundations”