Lazy Engineers?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

x3tc

Lazy Engineers?

Post by 150147 » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 13:11

Help please.

I have some damaged ships some of which are not repairing. All have 5* engineers and 5 or 10 Constructor Drones.

Any ideas what causes this/ How do I get round it?

Grateful for any help.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 14:31

If this is on ships that you got back from impound in the campaign (the ones that "disappeared" when you made PMC's most-wanted list, then got back after the prison break etc.), then those engineers often tend to go inactive - you can check this by looking at the ship properties and drilling down into the engineer's properties and checking his/her current order: if it is "None" (or something along those lines) then this has happened. What you need to do then is to dock at each of those ships and reassign those engineers - either replace them or recall them back to your Skunk and then assign them back to their respective ships - this will restart their proper behaviour. If the engineers are acting properly, then their orders should show something along the lines of "Repairing" followed by "Analyzing components" or "Repairing [subsystem_name]" - if they are analyzing components, give them a little time, it's just them figuring out the extent of the damage and deciding what to fix first.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 15:08

Hmm. In my XR vanilla experience, "Analyzing components" is (also) what they show doing when an engineer thinks their ship is already fixed as far as they can possibly manage. In the OP's situation that would probably mean a bugged engineer if they continued to show that for any length of time.

One hint though, ship repair work normally starts and runs far more efficiently if you are well OOZ (or even better OOS) relative to the casualty.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 17:20

Alan Phipps wrote:Hmm. In my XR vanilla experience, "Analyzing components" is (also) what they show doing when an engineer thinks their ship is already fixed as far as they can possibly manage.
End result is idle state when working properly - I find that the time between damage incurred and the end of "analyzing components" can vary greatly: I've had times when I was sure something was wrong (hell, perhaps it was! :D ) but after a while longer the repairs began. Eventually...
Alan Phipps wrote:One hint though, ship repair work normally starts and runs far more efficiently if you are well OOZ (or even better OOS) relative to the casualty.
Yes, crucially important.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”