star wars mod discussion

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

trooperrob
x3tc

star wars mod discussion

Post by trooperrob » Tue, 14. Nov 17, 20:44

Is anyone playing the star wars mod for x3ap?
I am trying this at the moment, and quite enjoying it.
Having problems on Windows 10 with freezes and music issues, but the ships are great!
I am wondering if the plot missions are active as I have got a briefing as empire start and cant find anybody they point to.
I am just wondering when I need to get a signed NDAin for X4, as I am desperate to get my teeth into a new X game.

grayx

Post by grayx » Tue, 14. Nov 17, 21:29

To be honest, I never have. But, on the topic, never liked these "cosmetic" mods. There are essentially of little value to the gameplay for me.

I want better general AI, better combat AI, better pathfinding, fewer bugs, better optimization, multi-core support, truly functioning economy on supply-demand principles, better and more meaningful quests, better UI, bigger fonts (because I often can't see a damn thing if I'm using a bigger rez.), and similar, "essential" things. Oh, did I say I want a better AI?:)

That's it.
I don't need Barbie and Ken in my game. It's x3;)

trooperrob
x3tc

Post by trooperrob » Tue, 14. Nov 17, 21:44

agreed, However, Unless you can tell me x4 is in beta and I can have a copy now, It may have to be star destroyers vs mon calamari in the war sectors for a few months... And please dont tell me more than that..
Besides, watching the star destroyers on the prowl is impressive, with less cudly toys than the disney versions.

grayx

Post by grayx » Tue, 14. Nov 17, 22:05

Oh, please don't take me wrong, it's your game, and besides, you know what they say about tastes... De gustibus non est disputandum. And that they are as asses - everyone has one:)

On a serious note though, I rarely post if I don't have something to add, so I don't know what promted me to state my opinion about the issue. Maybe I was playing german (EMC4AP) mod recently and there were some Star Wars and Star Trek ship models. Although I like to have as many options in everything as possible, seeing those ships in the X3 universe does have looked to me somehow out-of-place and not belonging in that universe. Not to mention they were way overpowered imo.

Anyhow, too much text. Important thing you enjoy the game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”