The Witcher 3... So... Cyberpunk 2077

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 17. Jan 18, 18:05

I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 09:36

Jericho wrote:
pjknibbs wrote: so I'm hoping they include a decent and varied character progression system in 2077 that *does* allow me to choose to be a ranged character if I want.
I'm hoping for a some kind of hacking god that uses guns...
If they stay true to the R. Talsorian Games "Cyberpunk" universe, which presumably they will since there's no point making a point of the ties to it otherwise, each role will be distinct with little to no crossover (this was true even in CyberBarbies... err... Cyberpunk v3)
Golden_Gonads wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:Um, yes, I did acknowledge that their hands were tied because of us having to play Geralt of Rivia? I merely hope that we don't have similar restrictions in Cyberpunk 2077, which is their own IP so their hands aren't tied anymore.
It isn't their IP though. It's based on Cyberpunk 2020 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020 Regardless, there is likely no main protagonist... Unless CDPR decide there will be.
It's based on the "Cyberpunk (2013, 2.0.2.0, & v.3)" by R. Talsorian Games, & my recollection of the initial announcement was that Mike Pondsmith (owner of RTG & author of much of it's product, particularly Cyberpunk) was a member of their development team (Game Dev/Programming has been his day job for decades).

And he was always a proponent of "Iconic" characters, such "Netrunner" Rache Bartmoss, "Solo(/Mercenary)" Morgan Blackhand, "Rockerboy" Johnny Silverhand, "AI/ex-Netrunner" Alt, "Corporate" Dave Windham, etcetera.

So having a single main protagonist option (or at least a limited number of them) is entirely within the realm of possibility.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 22. Mar 18, 00:05

I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Return to “Off Topic English”