Niv on the Stock Exchange

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Niv on the Stock Exchange

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 09:14

Thanks to ubuntu for reminding us about the stock market. I don't use it much but I had to try the thing with Nividium. It's easier to do that Niv mining in TC. A lot of people complained about Niv mining in TC as cheating. Egosoft finally listened to them. They gave us something easier but couched it in the cheating everyone accepts in real life: the stock market. Now Niv doesn't regenerate. But there's plenty in a regular Niv asteroid. Then the freighter load of Niv can last forever and can be moved back and forth to Stock Exchange sectors and the stock bought and sold forever.

Perpetual Sin has three big Niv asteroids. The SY in Duke's Citadel can send up some TS easily. I had low rep with the Paranids so I jumped some TS into Perpetual Sin, transferring the JDs back and forth with my Chokaro. Once I had the freighter filled, it only took a game hour of buying and selling to get $2 billion. I still have the freighter so I can more get more $ if I need it.

I could wait for someone to call it cheating. But I'll make my point now. It's within the rules. Egosoft allows it. If you don't want to do it, you don't have to.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 10:20

Hi,

in my last game I challenged myself to fill an Atmospheric Transporter first (it took three asteroids) before starting the stock exchange game...

cu
Rainer

BTW: Is there any way in Vanilla AP to avoid the manual splitting of asteroids for Niv-Mining?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Re: Niv on the Stock Exchange

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 11:01

Bill Huntington wrote:I could wait for someone to call it cheating.
OK, I'll play... :D
Bill Huntington wrote:It's within the rules.
Just to play devil's advocate: there's a difference between what's legal, and what's right... :P (That's the general case, of course - but in a purely personal, isolated context, this is more or less meaningless, yes?)

In any case, in the context of a purely single-player game I define "cheating" in a very personal and arbitrary fashion: anything that robs me of satisfaction (usually by making the game too easy) - hence I would never do the stock market manipulation thing. Hell, I consider the stock exchange much too lucrative even when not exploited, so I haven't used it in several years (after having ruined a couple of games for myself by getting the big toys too easily, too quickly) - as you say, if you don't like it, don't use it, so I don't. :)

That said, it's good that these sorts of things exist and are possible - I'm all for personal choice, to play the game as one wants to. Just because I don't use something doesn't mean I'd want others to be deprived of it (unless it was an interactive multiplayer environment, of course - then it's an entirely different story.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 18:06

You can avoid the hassle of Niv mining by using weapons.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”