Falling reputation AP - resolved by global friend/foe setting

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bazthebad
x3ap

Falling reputation AP - resolved by global friend/foe setting

Post by bazthebad » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 17:56

My rep is continuously falling with the Boron and i have to keep doing stating missions to build it back up, i had this problem when i played TC and eventually, the Split slaughtered my ships and stations.

The thing i notice in AP is the rapid response ships who jump in to defend sectors always do so when i am in a fight and get struck by my missiles then turn hostile but i have been careful to load my save game back in and start again, only this this time, i may have saved thinking i was ok and dont know what has happened this time around but my rep just wont stop dropping and i am fed up trying to manage my stations and having to complete missions to build my rep back up, is there any way i can put an end to this problem ?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 18:06

Well, you have to find the source of the problem. It sounds like somewhere you have some assets that have Boron set to enemy. They keep shooting up Borons that pass by them. Since you apparently aren't getting warnings about your ships being under attack this asset is apparently strong enough to one shot the Borons that it is destroying, or at least blow them up pretty quickly.

You can start off by trying a global command to set all your assets with the same friend/foe settings as your current ship. I'd tell you the step by step through the command tree to do that, but I'd have to load my game and feel my way through it first. If you need help finding it, ask.

If that doesn't work you probably need to look in on your various assets and see who has developed this anti-Boron attitude.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 18:29

Also (but less likely than Tim's scenario) if you have stations of your own in Boron space and are ever IS with them, the local Boron traffic may be colliding with your stations or tubes and lowering your rep.

PS: Don't forget to check all your lasertower friend/foe settings too!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 18:44

Another thing to check: are you producing any illegal commodities in Boron territory? This could result in... tensions.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

bazthebad
x3ap

Post by bazthebad » Sat, 25. Nov 17, 18:10

I think the global command was all it needed, i broadcast to all properties and everything is fine now, thanks very much for the help

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Another reason

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 25. Nov 17, 23:16

I just had this happen and couldn't figure out why. I'd boarded a Teladi civilian Albatross to finish some Marine training. I did it in Greater Profit but my Sats got attacked in some unrelated Teladi sectors. ??? Then a big Teladi Phoenix attacked some ships of mine near the Eq Dk in Ianamus. ??? They sent a punative expedition to get even with me! No apology accepted. I had to use the Cobra and some deniable Hammers to 'reason' with him.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 26. Nov 17, 02:14

If you board <race> ship your ships automatically set <race> to hostile, wherever you are. AFAICT this is WAD..

If you immediately issue a global command to reset <race> to neutral (I'm unsure if this requires the boarding op to complete) you should be OK..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”