One simple question (release 4.10)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Malamadre

One simple question (release 4.10)

Post by Malamadre » Tue, 28. Nov 17, 09:02

Hi people,

Like many i'm coming back since years, i see a mature version of the game and i'm happy to know. I also hope to see the update soon.

I own the full game (base + 2 dlc's) and i need to know one smple thing: i finally see that the plot's URV Station is working smoothly, and even makes me some money! This is probably thanks to all the fixes on crews ecc. So, if i assign to the station's manager a trade ship like a Scaldis, will he do trades between galaxies or managers are still limited to Systems at best?

Thank you for letting me know.
Cheers!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 28. Nov 17, 11:24

Station-based freighters can still only operate in their own system, in the vanilla (non-modded) game.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Malamadre

Post by Malamadre » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 09:38

Ok thanks.

Still, i find it pretty silly. I see lots of trading ships in DeVries coming from everywhere, OL, AL, TU, then why shouldn't my managers be able to do the same. Hope this will change in the future.

I have other questions so i'll post them here:

1- i see many costruction vessels in DeVries, building unknown stations. I cannot see the amount of resources they require, but when available, they will eventually buy wares from my stations in Devries. So are they actually able to complete the stations they're building, or it's just a dead-end? Does anyone know what are they building?

2- i would love to build some Sucellus battleships, is their AI fixed or they'll still end in never using the primary cannon?

Thanks a lot for helping!

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 09:42

Malamadre wrote:Ok thanks.

Still, i find it pretty silly. I see lots of trading ships in DeVries coming from everywhere, OL, AL, TU, then why shouldn't my managers be able to do the same. Hope this will change in the future.

I have other questions so i'll post them here:

1- i see many costruction vessels in DeVries, building unknown stations. I cannot see the amount of resources they require, but when available, they will eventually buy wares from my stations in Devries. So are they actually able to complete the stations they're building, or it's just a dead-end? Does anyone know what are they building?

Hi,

as for the CVs in deVries: They indeed build the (Albion) stations if they get enough material. Unfortunately once they are destroyed, they are not replaced as far as I know. So it might be good to send fighters around to ensure their safety. Most of them are expendable, but there is one building a shipyard...

cu
Rainer

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 10:27

The above is half-correct: those CVs WILL get replaced if destroyed (I'm pretty sure this was patched in relatively recently, as these things go) - however, their construction job will dead-end after the current one should this happen (so, if the CV at Extinct Torch gets killed in the first stage, it will be replaced and will only be able to complete that stage of the shipyard, instead of the two that it normally gets to do - it will "forget" what to do after that...)

You can see what they require by flying near them with a Trade Computer installed - you will then be able to see its trade offers, and send freighters directly if you so desire, instead of waiting for your stations to be able to provide the sought materials.

There are four of those CVs building that I remember. Whether or not you look into the spoiler for details, know that two of them are rather nice to have, one more is handy, and one of them is more or less irrelevant - in other words, overall it's good to help them along (and you can make a little extra profit selling to those construction jobs in the first place.)
Spoiler
Show
Shipyard, RoC (Extinct Torch)
Wheat Farm, RoC (Forty-Two)
Water Distillery, RoC (Fiendish Moloch)
Staples Farmery, HoA (Vapour Stream)
As for the Sucellus (and Balor) - their AI was supposedly enhanced in 4.1, if I recall correctly, but I can't say that I really noticed any improvement - ok, so they DO use their coaxial guns, but they also still close to fisticuffs range instead of hanging back and pelting with their ranged weaponry.

Lastly, I also think it's rather silly that (without resorting to mods) there's no automated inter-system trade functionality. With the new Warehouse stations, I'd be happy enough with the single-system limitation on standard station trade, if it were also possible to do inter-system logistics automation between warehouses - then a warehouse could receive goods from its local system stations, send them to another warehouse in another system, to be distributed that side. However, no such function exists, alas...
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 14:49

So waaaiit a minute. If the CV gets destroyed it cancels the job? Is that Shipyard supposed to be fully build? In my game it never got past a stage and never have I seen for it so ask for more material. Meaning the first CV got blown up for some reason?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 15:05

dholmstr wrote:So waaaiit a minute. If the CV gets destroyed it cancels the job? Is that Shipyard supposed to be fully build? In my game it never got past a stage and never have I seen for it so ask for more material. Meaning the first CV got blown up for some reason?
If I remember correctly, the current stage doesn't get cancelled, but no subsequent ones get started - and so that particular station gets up to that level and no farther. If I remember correctly, those NPC stations build to the following levels (this info may not be 100% accurate - it's been some months since I played last)

Shipyard: 2 stages (ends up with S/M and XL facilities, no L)
Water Distillery: 2 stages
Wheat Plantation: 2 stages (or 3? I forget)
Staples Farmery: 2 stages

I'm pretty sure one of them can do three stages, but I forget whether it's the shipyard or the wheat farm (or even one of the others! heh)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Malamadre

Post by Malamadre » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 15:05

Thanks RAVEN.myst and RainerPrem.

How cool, i was able to scan those CV's and noticed their needs in the trade offer menu... i got one of them to complete the first stage of the building and now it started the second! Guess i'll be babysitting them until costructions are completed, just to make sure pirates don't mess things up.

So after 40-50 h in version 4.10 (i got 500h since day1) i see that basically almost everything got fixed... lots of add-on too... Maeby fleet's command are still kinda clunky, and drones usage too... economy seems running tho

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Fri, 1. Dec 17, 14:18

RAVEN.myst wrote:
dholmstr wrote:So waaaiit a minute. If the CV gets destroyed it cancels the job? Is that Shipyard supposed to be fully build? In my game it never got past a stage and never have I seen for it so ask for more material. Meaning the first CV got blown up for some reason?
If I remember correctly, the current stage doesn't get cancelled, but no subsequent ones get started - and so that particular station gets up to that level and no farther. If I remember correctly, those NPC stations build to the following levels (this info may not be 100% accurate - it's been some months since I played last)

Shipyard: 2 stages (ends up with S/M and XL facilities, no L)
Water Distillery: 2 stages
Wheat Plantation: 2 stages (or 3? I forget)
Staples Farmery: 2 stages

I'm pretty sure one of them can do three stages, but I forget whether it's the shipyard or the wheat farm (or even one of the others! heh)
Godda....it RAVEN!! I lived in blissfull ignorance so far and you went and crashed the party :D . In my game (the one and the only one, I play it for keeps) the Shipyard never got past S/M docks, but I never seen any fights that would have blown it up, the CV that is. Tough this is a long time ago and it was patch 3,6 (about) when it started to build.

Maybe it got blown up when I wasn't looking.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 1. Dec 17, 17:49

dholmstr wrote:... but I never seen any fights that would have blown it up, the CV that is. Tough this is a long time ago and it was patch 3,6 (about) when it started to build.

Maybe it got blown up when I wasn't looking.
Probably - the chances of it happening just as you happen to be looking at it are pretty slim. In my most recent games, I noticed a couple of times that the replacement CV was placed exactly over the wreck of the old one (usually the wreck being at a jaunty angle) - this, in fact, was how I figured it out in the first place, as other than that I had no clue that some violence had taken place there.

If it's any consolation, the additional stage of that shipyard is XL, and can build only Canteran CVs and Sucelluses (Sucelli?), so other than very rare instances of fitting some drones, I had not much use for it in any case.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”