Getting movie maker without virusing the crap out of me

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

philip_hughes
x3tc

Getting movie maker without virusing the crap out of me

Post by philip_hughes » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 07:40

Hey guys. Microsoft Movie maker is no longer officially available. Anyone got a safe site I can download it or a comparable alternative?

Thx,

Phil
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 08:33

If you have Windows 10, Microsoft claim that the built-in Photos app will allow you to create videos like Movie Maker did. I've never used it myself so I have no independent verification of that, though.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 10:53

What do you need to do with it?

There's a few free video editing things. I have the files for movie maker but it's not the best program. The files are large and quality isn't the best for the file size. Handbrake?

Movie maker 2012

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8xio ... zZMMThsRzA

check out the sidebar on the right hand side there's info there

https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/

https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/c ... re_to_use/

Windows 8 disk might have the files on it also.

If you run out of options you could edit it with youtube and dvr it (win+alt+r or win+g in windows 10) or download the youtube video.
Last edited by burger1 on Thu, 30. Nov 17, 03:56, edited 1 time in total.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 14:26

Just a note: Vegas, multiple versions, is on sale on Steam right now.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/51 ... _230_150_2

Microsoft has "Movie Creator" available for free: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... blggh4wwjr

I'm not sure, but you can sometimes find old MS apps on Microsoft's site, buried somewhere just in case some dev still needs it. Though, MS took a pretty hard stance in gathering up its media apps after it killed Media Center.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 14:52

There are tons of free video editing software packages out there. Two I know of are:

openshot

Hitman Express

Remember I don't do much editing and I have other stuff that I normally use, so I have only basically touched these. For both of them do a youtube search, there are plenty of tutorials showing how they work and how to use them, that will give you a better idea if you like them or not.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 20:16

koff

buy a mac

koff
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 21:02

mrbadger wrote:koff

buy a mac

koff
I bet Trump uses a Mac!

Yeah, I know, that's a low blow... I apologize to all the Mac users out there. I didn't mean to upset you while you were sipping your lattes and browsing through your turtleneck catalogs... :P ;)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 21:49

buy a mac

koff
Yeah, you really want to get a machine that ships with an OS which allows people to get admin access without requiring a password... :wink:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 22:01

Morkonan wrote:

buy a mac

koff
I bet Trump uses a Mac!...
I doubt Trump would know what a Mac is. He'd probably think it's short for 'Big Mac'. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 22:17

Morkonan wrote:

buy a mac

koff
I bet Trump uses a Mac!
Actually believe it or not he doesn't use a computer or know how to use a computer, hard to believe but true. To keep it even, Clinton was/is the same. At the start of the year, he said that he doesn't trust computers.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 22:24

Sorry for the derail, philip. We should probably get back on topic (as much as we can in Off-Topic :mrgreen: ).
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 22:27

Try typing "Movie Maker" into your Windows 10 search field (Cortana). It'll point you to the official Microsoft App Store where you can install it for free.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 22:53

Observe wrote:Try typing "Movie Maker" into your Windows 10 search field (Cortana). It'll point you to the official Microsoft App Store where you can install it for free.
I get no results for movie maker on my computer, could be because I removed the App Store as I found they were selling stuff you get for free from official sites. :twisted:

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 22:57

felter wrote:
Observe wrote:Try typing "Movie Maker" into your Windows 10 search field (Cortana). It'll point you to the official Microsoft App Store where you can install it for free.
I get no results for movie maker on my computer, could be because I removed the App Store as I found they were selling stuff you get for free from official sites. :twisted:
Yes. The App Store is an App in itself. If you removed it, you can't install the App's within the store. I've never found cause to remove it because it never bugs me for anything and remains out of sight out of mind.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 03:57

Correction made: Win 10 game dvr is win+g not win+alt+g.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 09:16

You may have missed that Microsoft Movie Maker hasn't been supported on Windows 10 since January, so no, it isn't available on the app store. There is a product called Movie Maker on there, but it's a £1.19 Windows Phone app by a company called Venetasoft.

Return to “Off Topic English”