Fighters, beams and explosions.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Meme Turtle

Fighters, beams and explosions.

Post by Meme Turtle » Fri, 1. Dec 17, 20:27

In every X game I have played beam weapons are the bane of anything smaller than m6. Kyon emitters and plasma/jets make flying a figther a nightmare and having fighter wings not viable. In X:R situation got even worse since cap ship explosion can easily destroy half of your fleet as pilots never react to it.

So, I have several small requests for X4 to make life of fighter pilots slightly easier:
1) Implement forced miss radius to beam weapons, similar to how it works for projectile weapons in X:R. It would be awesome, if this change can be backported to X:R. See, my post here:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=220
2) Weapon firing locks turret tracking. Or at least an option to mod that behavior. Not only beam weapons insta hit the target, but turret's rotation speed is high enough to keep the beam always on the target.
3) Either reduce cap ship explosion radius/intensity or make pilots aware of their surroundings.

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 00:16

I agree that your fighters should be able to withdwar.
Betty (your own onboard computer) can see it's about to blow, so your other fighters should be able to see it too.
They should at least try to fly away from the capship instead of shutting down their engines and waiting for a new order.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Kitty
x3tc

Post by Kitty » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 12:08

X2 Kha'aks M3 are among my prefered game experience, as they were hard to kill, but possible to kill.

About wings, I could enjoy a AI setting like "Coward / Cautious / Middly aggressive / aggressive / kamikaze".

Return to “X4: Foundations”