Will we get the whimsical coms on screen that were so great in XbtF?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nielsw
x4

Will we get the whimsical coms on screen that were so great in XbtF?

Post by nielsw » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 15:48

I realize the game got more and more 3D and more and more realistic over all those years since I played XbtF.

But there was one thing I really did miss in the later versions - all those whimsical coms you'd get from Boron, Teladi, Split and Paranid pilots...

They were really well written, humorous and well acted - and the animated video graphics for them were simple but awesome!

I've been missing those in later versions of the games... They really made the game come alive, always made me smile in amusement and appreciation for the attention to detail :)

Athelus
x4

Post by Athelus » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 15:54

Didn't they have these in X2 as well? Never played Xbtf, but loved the comms in that.

nielsw
x4

Post by nielsw » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 16:14

They did have coms in X2

But as they got technically more sophisticated, they lost some of their other values.

The XbtF coms were a little like coms you'd get from your units in Star Craft 1...

I'd recommend to anyone, to at least invest an hour or two into XbtF...

When I first started playing that, I thought ewww, this company doesn't know how to do space flight! At all!

Until I realized what really the problem was (I don't want to spoil the surprise, but its cool!)

Return to “X4: Foundations”