Planning the end-game

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Malamadre

Planning the end-game

Post by Malamadre » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 15:01

Hello guys,

I have some end-game questions, i hope that somebody can give me some good advices on the following:

- Economy:

after story-line ended in Maelstrom, i decided to choose DeVries as my base of operations, first because it looks nicer than other systems imho, then because my URV forge was already there... slowly i've built a working economy, i now own a Costruction Shop that earns me about 25-30 millions credits every couple hours, and it's self sustained by the Urv fact, a Crystal supplier and a Mega cell fab. Now that i explained this the questions is, i see that my managers are pretty much cooperating among them trading wares on needs, i assigned to every station differents ships to fit their needs, but i don't understand how the AI works. Let's say that the Construction Shop needs Nvidium cubes, is the manager going to use his Bulk ship to get them or he will wait for the crystal supplier to bring the Cubes using their own ship? It's important to understand so i know how to distribute cargo ships between my stations.

- War:

thanks to stupid teladi UA, i capped many Phoenix that i'm using to patrol DeVries dangerous areas (gate areas, jump beacons etc). As for my personal fleet, i just bought my third Olmekron, next one will be a Fulmekron, my admiral ship. I want to get ready before triggering the Xenos events... but first, i want to execute punitive raids against the Reivers and their other systems counterparts! I just want to know, is it possible to destroy their stations and cut them off the game forever? Same thing with the xenos

- Secrets:
Spoiler
Show
i got the shield mk5 and engine mk5, the Seta upgrade (great time saver), still need to get the particle repeater mk3... besides those, have i missed something important?

It should be everything for now... thanks for sharing info and ideas.

p.s. one more thing: is someone supplying the Devries capital shipyard or none will ever, but me?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 15:21

"p.s. one more thing: is someone supplying the Devries capital shipyard or none will ever, but me?"

The few NPC galaxy-wide Free Traders do a small amount of supply to it but it does need Player support to function without resourcing-led blockages. Also the Free Traders can suffer delays and losses at the hands of hostile factions if their jump/boost routes are not secure.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Re: Planning the end-game

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 15:34

Malamadre wrote:Let's say that the Construction Shop needs Nvidium cubes, is the manager going to use his Bulk ship to get them or he will wait for the crystal supplier to bring the Cubes using their own ship?
Station managers very heavily prioritize fetching resources - so yes, the ConShop's manager will use his assigned bulk freighter/s to fetch Nividium cubes, so long as they are in the same system (so you need to have a Crystal Supplier in DeVries)

Malamadre wrote: but first, i want to execute punitive raids against the Reivers and their other systems counterparts! I just want to know, is it possible to destroy their stations and cut them off the game forever? Same thing with the xenos
No, not possible, sorry.

As for your hidden question, there is the
Spoiler
Show
Experimental JumpDrive, which allows your Skunk to jump to any discovered jump beacon or gate
Happy hunting :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”