Is it possible to edit boarding deck fighting mechanics?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NBCDumb
x4

Is it possible to edit boarding deck fighting mechanics?

Post by NBCDumb » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 23:45

Hi,

I'd like to change the fighting rules applied to marines in boarding operation, but cannot seem to find any related script or even constants in types files related to this part of the game.

Is this even remotely possible?
Is it possible to at least edit boarding difficulty per race? I'm thinking about the Xenon boarding difficulty, where is it defined?

types/TShips opened with X3 Editor 2 does not seem to contain the amount of marines a ship can hold, where is this defined?

Thanks.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 00:20

Not possible to mod, afaik. Meaning it's hardcoded.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

NBCDumb
x4

Post by NBCDumb » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 10:51

Ok, thanks for your answer which is what I expected given that Cycrow did so wonderful job about boarding modding but did not touch this part...

I expected at least to be able to boost the amount of marines a Xenon ship can hold to make boarding them more of an epic battle but easier.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 12:56

NBCDumb wrote:Ok, thanks for your answer which is what I expected given that Cycrow did so wonderful job about boarding modding but did not touch this part...

I expected at least to be able to boost the amount of marines a Xenon ship can hold to make boarding them more of an epic battle but easier.
Litcube's Universe has modded the amount of marines a ship can hold. No idea if that also extends to boarding, but it changed something at least.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 13:43

Hardcoded. The only way that I experimented to bypass boarding restrictions, is to create your own boarding scripts and manage everything on a parallel system.

NBCDumb
x4

Post by NBCDumb » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 15:26

Thanks @Sirrobert you made me double check (and thanks anyone who has taken time to read my questions), found it, to change the amount of marines a ship can hold we have to change the field presented as "General > Volume" by X3 Editor 2 in TShips.

I will now check if after modding to N, N + 1 marines can board at the same time but I expect it to be the case.

Thanks a lot.

NBCDumb
x4

Post by NBCDumb » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 15:41

It works, but... not the way I hoped :-D

I modded TShips so Xenon Q can hold 30 marines, I sent 30 maxed out marines (did not have 31 marines for the test), they all entered the Xenon ship but it turned out to be way more deadly than with 21 when Q was able to hold only 20. I guess the number of marines a ship can hold is used to calculate boarding difficulty (maybe number of decks a ship have is related to the amount of marines it can hold).

I'll have to find another way :-/

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”