The game jacked my Colossus!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Reven
x4

The game jacked my Colossus!

Post by Reven » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 02:23

I was aware that rapid response ships would jump away if damaged, but I wasn't aware that they would disappear.

I was in the middle of capturing an Argon Colossus when it jumped out of my sector (Guiding Light) and into Enduring Light. This has happened before with rapid response ships, though in the past my team failed after the jump. This time my team was just at the hacking stage when the jump happened and shortly after it jumped away I was notified that control was turned over to me. Sure enough, looking at the sector, there was "Your Colossus". So I jump into the sector to retrieve my new property (and the remains of my highly trained and expensive boarding team), when, flash, the ship jumps again. This time it jumped out of existence - it's now nowhere to be found. Not on my property list. Also no mention in my log that the ship was destroyed.

It's actually kind of funny. Losing the millions of credits and time invested in my boarding team was less funny, but in a way, still adds to the realism. I suspect it was a timed script that jumped the ship away then jumped it out of existence (which there is actually a script command for).
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 03:17

Sounds like you were the victim of very unfortunate timing - I suspect that if your boarding attempt resolved just seconds earlier, you would have gotten to keep that ship... My condolences to the families of the assault team - will you be divulging to them the classified X-file details of the case, or making do with the standard vague "gave his/her life heroically in the service of others"?
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 03:20

RAVEN.myst wrote:Sounds like you were the victim of very unfortunate timing - I suspect that if your boarding attempt resolved just seconds earlier, you would have gotten to keep that ship... My condolences to the families of the assault team - will you be divulging to them the classified X-file details of the case, or making do with the standard vague "gave his/her life heroically in the service of others"?
How do we know the assault team didn't keep the ship for themselves? I suggest incarcerating their families for questioning.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 11:29

In earlier version of AP this happened a lot as rrf didn't properly take notice of the owner change. Most of that was fixed but it's possible some parts may have been missed

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 15:30

I'm not certain it was anything that was missed - it probably was just bad timing. The countdown to jumping out of existence may have already been engaged when the change of ownership took effect. It was actually kind of fun, to be honest. An element of surprising realism. As if the ship's crew, realizing the ship was lost, decided as a last ditch act to scuttle the ship by entering in a jump into a singularity or something.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 16:13

Reven wrote:As if the ship's crew, realizing the ship was lost, decided as a last ditch act to scuttle the ship ....
I think Tim may be onto something... ie. the ship's crew, realising that there were no credible/live witnesses around, made it look like the ship was a goner, and did a runner with it...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”