NEWS: X4 Foundations - LIVE on Twitch 13 Dec 2017, 8pm CET, 7pm UK, 2pm EST, 11am PST

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 09:39

Impressive, Egosoft!

There are so many design decisions you seem to have gotten right.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

mondo96
x4

Post by mondo96 » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 10:46

mr.WHO wrote:My impresion post-stream:
- new ship/module customization/equipment menu seem like something I wanted ever since X2
- Alexei Zaharov doing atmospheric/ambient sounds? Woot?
It seems like I'm going to preorder :shock:

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 13:21

Sounds like it's a good stream to bad I will not be able to watch till at least tomorrow evening :(
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 13:27

spacecoyote99 wrote:
longshooterm wrote:Will the livestream be uploaded to the youtube channel? My internet is slow and it's hard to watch the twitch vod in 1080p without it buffering for at least a few mins
My internet connection isn't bad but I always have trouble playing videos from Twitch. So I used youtube-dl to download it (it's called youtube-dl but it can handle Twitch and some other VOD sites too.) Completely free and open source.
It will end up on YouTube soon. And as for quality controls, the next stream should have them!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 13:45

It's already available on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjUh-2UYPHA
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 14:43

I have to say I don't have any complaints with what I have seen.

At this point it is a day 1 buy from me (preorders are insanity) if this quality is maintained and present in the final product.

My only wish is that this would have been what we got with Rebirth instead of what we DID get.

Good Job Egosoft!
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 18:59

Very Very good.

THIS is X, this is X4, well done.

Can you add the specs of the machine used for the streaming? :D :D :D
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

PudelHH

Post by PudelHH » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 20:16

Stream was good. Nothing to complain till now. :wink:

Hotas Support is awesome. TrackIR is awesome. What about rudder pedals? On the checklist as well? I mean if you use a Warthog, you more or less need pedals, as you cant twist him.

New travel mode sounds good. Especially in combination with Seta that seems to be a good alternative for the loss of the jump drive. And yeah, I think its a loss. I loved the jump drive....for trading stuff it was a godsend. Was it broken...maybe....but who cares!? Its a Singleplayer game and a sandbox. When you want the immersion of long travelling you can do that and just dont use the jump drive. But anyway....its gone...it seems. :cry:

I wish there would be more informations about trading stuff. I used to start X3 as "Humble Trader" and first thing you get is the mk3 trading extension and starting automation of yr traders, in order to collect a bit of credits while you start exploring and doing missions and stuff. Will there be such trade automation as well? I am not a big friend of doing every little transaction of my freighters again and again and again....thats becoming very tedious very fast.

thanks and keep up the good work guys!!!

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 00:45

Good stream guys :) Did like the progress on X4

Keep up the good work.

:D
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 03:57

Two questions:

1) Has there been any mention on whether the transporter can be used for trading?

2) Has there been any mention of how capital ships move between sectors without jump drives? (Does that briefly-shown trans-orbital accelerator thingumajig replace sector beacons for cap ships?)

[FFCW]Urizen
x4

Post by [FFCW]Urizen » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 10:38

1) No.

2) Caps traverse the universe the same way the player does: Sector changes are done thru Jumpgates/Transorbitalaccelerators. Zone changes are done thru enginepower.
Insanity is just another form of brilliance!

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 12:00

The Teladi Ships are

FRUGAL:

Sparing or economical as regards money.

Simple and plain and costing little.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Realspace
x4

Impressive

Post by Realspace » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 14:07

I'm very happy about your new decisions and how you guys are incorporating many of the good features of space games such as travel/drive mode and a good balance between realism and playability that was in games such as I-war2 or even Freelance despite its small scale. Go on on exploring these features please. The game looks already great! :thumb_up:

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 14:08

I would actually be interested to know what hardware the demos are recorded on. Is that mid level (i5,1060) or high performance system (i7,1080TI).

Edit:
Also just noticed Bernd saying, you can have 3 products per station buying and 3 selling during the gui/map demo at around 38 minutes. Does this mean any station is limited to 3 selling and 3 buying products at all times or is this just a map display limitation?
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 14:51

nemesis1982 wrote:I would actually be interested to know what hardware the demos are recorded on. Is that mid level (i5,1060) or high performance system (i7,1080TI).

Edit:
Also just noticed Bernd saying, you can have 3 products per station buying and 3 selling during the gui/map demo at around 38 minutes. Does this mean any station is limited to 3 selling and 3 buying products at all times or is this just a map display limitation?
if i understood it right, he was saying something more like, the most profitable 3 options are displayed which are in high demand etc. based on the Hexa-grid-> Station cluster -> Station "zoom level" of the map.

Its more like a Top3 of wares in vaule (from the needs and productions for making a fast coin), atleast thats what i understood in one of the previous streams.

And the Wording isn't always optimal because he "needs*" to use words which comes in ones mind and seems to fit but maybe misused as a non-native
"*or to keep the speech fluent at all" :)
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

hst
x4

Post by hst » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 16:01

I'm liking the looks of the new ships, very nice.

I also appreciate that Egosoft has taken on board criticism of Rebirth and are bringing back features from X2/X3.

Best of luck to everyone at Egosoft and looking forward to playing this.

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 16:39

Missed the stream, watched the youtube video.

All in all I'm very impressed. I'd preorder it the moment it's on steam :lol:

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 17:53

Rice wrote:
nemesis1982 wrote:... you can have 3 products per station buying and 3 selling ...
... the most profitable 3 options are displayed which are in high demand etc. based on the Hexa-grid-> Station cluster -> Station "zoom level" of the map.

Its more like a Top3 of wares in vaule (from the needs and productions for making a fast coin) ...
Ah that indeed makes more sense. Thnx

Mick100
xr

Post by Mick100 » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 11:09

The streams have really captured my interest in the new X game. What has been shown so far looks great!
Encourage egosoft to keep up the community engagement.
I like the idea of transporter over jumpdrive, i think it will create good gameplay in strategy, system layouts and missions.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sun, 17. Dec 17, 15:29

This game looks like it's going to be more than I had hoped for. The ship models look awesome. I had reservations about XS- S-M-L-XL ship models but it makes sense. S for exploring, but can fight or trade if the need arises. M for fight/trade, but not limited to that.
Also, it's nice to see the Teladi M look more like it's incorporating the original design concept. Never a fan of the X3 Falcon's looks.
Menus and icons look good and well thought out. In fact everything I saw in the video looked well reasoned and logical.
Keep the streams coming. I think they seem to go by quickly because they are so enjoyable!
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Return to “X4: Foundations”