Boron DLC

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Boron DLC

Post by Axeface » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 22:25

So Boron are 100% confirmed absent for x4, very upsetting :( So I'de like to throw my idea for a Boron dlc out here on the forums.

I've said all this before but i'll recap, I think the Boron are essential to the political climate of X. The absence of a peaceful race, to me, makes the whole scene feel very incomplete, not to mention the variety that both the exotic styling and shield-heavy design their ships would bring to the game. So i'de like to see a branching-story Boron DLC.

It would be interesting if the DLC focused around some jumpgates opening to Boron space, perhaps their scientists manage to reactivate them and they send a team through - but when they arrive their first contact is with some Split military vessels... the player could recieve a general distress call from the Boron ships and be asked to investigate, then the player could be given the choice of helping the Boron, or assisting the Split vessels in taking them out - leading to either a story DLC about the Boron and their reintegration with the commonwealth races, or if they chose to help the Split, a military campaign to attack their systems.

Name suggestions for the DLC? 'X4: New Shores' or 'X4: Waves of Change'?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 22:47

I think you are not the first to recommend a Boron DLC, but while the Boron will not make X4 release, I don't think it has been said that there will never be any Boron in the base X4 game as it updates and evolves.

From the previous 2 Twitch Streams' Q&A:

Q. Will the Boron return?
A. The Boron will most-likely not be part of X4 at release.

Q. Will there be Boron in any of DLCs ? If yes I would suggest to put them in mech suits. It wouldn't make sense to have to see them jumping around platform like fish without water?
A. Can we finish the game before we start thinking about what we're going to add in DLCs please?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 23:03

Alan Phipps wrote:I think you are not the first to recommend a Boron DLC, but while the Boron will not make X4 release, I don't think it has been said that there will never be any Boron in the base X4 game as it updates and evolves.

Q. Will there be Boron in any of DLCs ? If yes I would suggest to put them in mech suits. It wouldn't make sense to have to see them jumping around platform like fish without water?
A. Can we finish the game before we start thinking about what we're going to add in DLCs please?

THANK YOU. People talking about DLC before even the game released, thats why we are going for our doom.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 23:38

Alan Phipps wrote:I think you are not the first to recommend a Boron DLC, but while the Boron will not make X4 release, I don't think it has been said that there will never be any Boron in the base X4 game as it updates and evolves.
Thanks for the links. Well I certainly wouldnt mind them being added to the base game as a 'free-lc' as you say. Just whatever gets us them added fastest, I have no issue paying for a decent dlc focused around the Boron, they are very important to me (even to the point I might not get the game at first, unless Im very impressed by what i see closer to release).

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 09:14

Alan Phipps, we just figured out out.

Boron Fish Bowls / Hamster Balls

Crimsonraziel
x4

Post by Crimsonraziel » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 09:23

gastovski wrote:

THANK YOU. People talking about DLC before even the game released, thats why we are going for our doom.
Pleased to be of service.
Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry!
#MakeNishalaGreatAgain #BoronLivesMatter :boron:
#LoveAldrin #FreeAlbion #ReturnOfMegalodon

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 14:01

Would be nice if Boron would be there eventually but it doesn't make or break the game in my opinion. I would much prefer a game with working mechanics and no Boron over a game with Boron and half working mechanics.
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

Thrake
x3ap

Re: Boron DLC

Post by Thrake » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 14:42

Axeface wrote:I've said all this before but i'll recap, I think the Boron are essential to the political climate of X. The absence of a peaceful race, to me, makes the whole scene feel very incomplete, not to mention the variety that both the exotic styling and shield-heavy design their ships would bring to the game.
Well, the Teladis aren't exactly the kind of pacifists you would expect but they don't really like doing profitlesss warss so they kinda fit to me :D

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 14:53

Egosoft thought about adding Boron, but they decided they didn't want to water X4 down.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 19:30

If i were Egosoft i would create an Image of external Ship view where you can See into the Cockpit. Then put a Boron NPC Model behind the window and fill the Cockpit with Water and Show ppl how hilarious that idea would Look :)

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 21:46

rene6740 wrote:If i were Egosoft i would create an Image of external Ship view where you can See into the Cockpit. Then put a Boron NPC Model behind the window and fill the Cockpit with Water and Show ppl how hilarious that idea would Look :)
Im not sure why a spaceship filled with water is any more 'hillarious' than a spaceship filled with air, but... in any case, egosoft can do what they want, lets just forget the whole water-in-the-ship (which in some lore is actually described as gas, i'de like to add) and put the Boron in grav suits if we cant overcome these 'hillarious' blockers, as has been suggested by many people.

Crimsonraziel
x4

Post by Crimsonraziel » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 11:24

rene6740 wrote:If i were Egosoft i would create an Image of external Ship view where you can See into the Cockpit. Then put a Boron NPC Model behind the window and fill the Cockpit with Water and Show ppl how hilarious that idea would Look :)
There is the risk of this beeing not hilarious enough. I am totally in for flying fish bowls. If that's what's necessary to get my mollusk friends back, so be it.
Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry!
#MakeNishalaGreatAgain #BoronLivesMatter :boron:
#LoveAldrin #FreeAlbion #ReturnOfMegalodon

immortalfrieza
x3tc

Post by immortalfrieza » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 12:30

Axeface wrote:
Im not sure why a spaceship filled with water is any more 'hillarious' than a spaceship filled with air, but... in any case, egosoft can do what they want, lets just forget the whole water-in-the-ship (which in some lore is actually described as gas, i'de like to add) and put the Boron in grav suits if we cant overcome these 'hillarious' blockers, as has been suggested by many people.
I think it's already canon that the Boron have anti grav suits to wear for environments outside water.

Honestly? All I care about is that the Boron ships are still around, even if the race itself isn't. The Boron ships are generally pretty useless but still, I like how they look.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 14:35

Thrake
x3ap

Post by Thrake » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 18:32

DaMuncha wrote:Dolphin Super Freighter FTW

http://gamefans.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... ldfish.jpg
Thanks, for a moment I thought I was the only oldy that could have known of the glorious Bob the Killer. Now that's what all the boron pirate should look like. Epic battle ;)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 19:14

Sandalpocalypse wrote:Egosoft thought about adding Boron, but they decided they didn't want to water X4 down.
:lol:
immortalfrieza wrote:I think it's already canon that the Boron have anti grav suits to wear for environments outside water.
There are also different designs for different purposes:

Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 03:16

Here's another design that should help.

[ external image ]

Sheesh, this isn't rocket surgery guys.

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 04:47

but those are fishies and no wonkydonky Squids which needs to control their tentacles to use a wrench! and indeed its no rocket surgery, its more like Munch-calamari cuisine :lol:
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 05:35

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 07:44

Axeface wrote:Just whatever gets us them added fastest
That would be if Egosoft would piss off with their walking-in-station, because that is the only reason Borons aren't in the game.

Axeface wrote:I have no issue paying for a decent dlc focused around the Boron
I do. Because Borons are basic part of any X-game. Remember they said they are working on a real X4. Under those conditions Borons should be in it from the start.

Return to “X4: Foundations”