[4.30] Kha'ak Relic mission disappeared after crafting

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cedeos
x4

[4.30] Kha'ak Relic mission disappeared after crafting

Post by cedeos » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 14:54

So after hours and hours of playing I finally found all the Kha'ak Relic Parts and crafted the Relic. And now the mission has disappeared from my Active Missions and I have no clue who gave me the mission in the first place. So no guidance - no delivery of the Relic - no MK5 Shield. Am I overlooking something?
The Ancient Relic mission is still open and shown as I am still missing one part.

Thanks for the help

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 15:17

Not sure what specifically may be going on there, but do not despair: if the mission is truly aborted for some reason, you should be able to get another one of it, at which point you will already have the requisite item and can simply complete on the spot. Finding the mission on offer will now be somewhat harder, though, given the reduction in icon visibility distance, so you may have to work at finding it.

[Note: I know that some of those missions are repeatable, such as A Healthy Enthusiasm (authentic spacefly egg collection for a PR3), so I'm assuming this one also gets re-offered. I'm fairly optimistic, though, as I've previously aborted versions that I couldn't hand in on account of being from PMC mission-givers, and found replacement offers.]
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 15:27

I'm probably going to risk annoying you here, but are you sure you had the Khaa'ak Relic mission before? It is easy to mistake one of the other relic/special missions for it. You can collect the parts and craft the Kha'ak relic without the mission, but you cannot progress after that to the reward without it.

If you genuinely did have the mission but it has now gone then that is a new bug not seen in previous versions since about 3.00.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 15:32

Alan Phipps wrote:... are you sure you had the Khaa'ak Relic mission before? It is easy to mistake one of the other relic/special missions for it.
That's a good point - those missions all look pretty similar in the mission log...
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

cedeos
x4

Post by cedeos » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 16:00

Yes, I am sure that I had it. I got it at the Asteroid at Dormant Bear, coincidentally just after I found the first part of the Ancient Relic. I am quite sure that I had both missions in my Mission list and I am even more sure that the guidance told me to find the Kha'ak Relic.
But nevermind, I am only missing one part of the Ancient Relic ...

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 16:16

Well, keep an eye out for a re-offer of that mission, though that means getting close to stations and checking out their mission icons. Chances are you can get another one, and as long as you still have the completed relic, you can then get that juicy Mk.5... shield, is it? (With the Ancient Relic one, you can then have a matched pair of them :) )
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 16:54

cedeos wrote:... I got it at the Asteroid at Dormant Bear...
You might be in luck to have lost the mission, then.
I don't know if it's fixed, but I remembered there was a glitch with these equipment acquisition missions and the mining station. Normally, upon delivery, the mission dealer will send you to a mechanic located in another dock of the same station in order to get your shield/engine/weapon. Since the mining station has only one dock, the mechanic has nowhere to spawn. Therefore, bug: You lose your unique item part and can't claim the reward.
... Unless it's been fixed since reported. I really haven't seen anyone complaining about that bug since a pretty good while now.

So as was mentioned previously, if the Kha'ak relic is still in your inventory and the quest really got removed from your active list, then you'd better just find it elsewhere. Literally any other stations will do. (I'm think the mining station is the only one with a single dock.)
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 17:54

Ezarkal wrote:(I'm think the mining station is the only one with a single dock.)
Core Dig also has just the one dock - it's just another unique mining station, though. I think maybe so does the Heart station Lonely Giant (hydrogen mining station), the hydrogen harvesting facility at Nirin Treaty in Home of Light, and the mining station in Home of Light (noticing a pattern yet? :D )

So in light of Ezarkal's points, perhaps it's best to avoid the offers from those stations just in case [EDIT: when looking for a replacement of the mission] (that being said, I'm pretty sure it has been fixed, as I did fulfill a couple of those missions at the Bear a while back - usually, though, I would cancel those, as I would want to complete them while I was still on less-than-friendly terms with PMC...)
Last edited by RAVEN.myst on Wed, 20. Dec 17, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 17:59

Ezarkal's point is a good one but that particular problem did not become apparent in such situations until you returned the Kha'ak (or other mission) relic to the mission-giver, refused the cash, and the game tried to spawn the special mechanic and failed. It does not make the mission disappear from the list before reaching that point and that is the reason that I say this could be a new type of issue.

cedeos
x4

Post by cedeos » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 09:48

I checked an older save and the mission for the Kha'ak relic is shown in my active missions. Now I have the Relic crafted and shown in my inventory, but the mission is gone. I looked up the station, where I got the mission, it must have been Badlands Colony.
Unfortunately I have no save directly prior to crafting, so it is nearly impossible to reproduce.
By now I finished the Ancient Relic mission which worked perfectly and got me my mk5 shields.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 11:30

cedeos wrote:Now I have the Relic crafted and shown in my inventory, but the mission is gone.
Then you should be OK - if you keep looking at stations, you should eventually be able to reacquire the mission, and complete it on the spot.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

specialsymbol

Post by specialsymbol » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 21:14

I also have a problem with that mission. That is, I can't dock at Dormant Bear because it's hostile. I could talk to the Teladi mission giver and he pointed me to a mechanic, unfortunately on the same station.

I can't talk to him remotely (it's greyed out). I can't land. I tried hacking the station, but nothing happened (although the hack was successful).

Can someone help me?
"Oh my God, it's full of stars!" - Dave Bowman (2001: A Space Odyssey)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 21:48

You need to work on your PMC rep then. Actually Dormant Bear is a good place to do that as the Pirates tend to go there to attack the mining asteroid and you can get increased rep with PMC if you kill the Pirates near enough to the station. Just watch out for PMC Taranis patrols.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 22:37

Alan Phipps wrote:You need to work on your PMC rep then. Actually Dormant Bear is a good place to do that as the Pirates tend to go there to attack the mining asteroid and you can get increased rep with PMC if you kill the Pirates near enough to the station.
This. ^
You only need to get your reputation to (if I recall correctly) -7 to be allowed docking. It's actually quite quick to do :)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 17. Jan 18, 05:28

Alan Phipps wrote:You need to work on your PMC rep then. Actually Dormant Bear is a good place to do that as the Pirates tend to go there to attack the mining asteroid and you can get increased rep with PMC if you kill the Pirates near enough to the station. Just watch out for PMC Taranis patrols.
The problem is that you can't gain reputation when the enemy ships are too far from the station, and it's easy to hit the station, when you pursue them too close. Last time I hid in the mine shaft and shot all the enemy fighters appearing in the upward view.

Note that now you can get Reputation for shooting "enemy" mass traffic close to a PMC station.

cu
Rainer

specialsymbol

Post by specialsymbol » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 11:00

Ha, I tried this too and hit the station so often that I am now at -16 :(
"Oh my God, it's full of stars!" - Dave Bowman (2001: A Space Odyssey)

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 12:01

specialsymbol wrote:Ha, I tried this too and hit the station so often that I am now at -16 :(
There's a fairly simple way to reduce the odds of this happening: make sure you are flying as close as possible to the station, that way your pirate targets are most of the time "space-ward" from you - problem solved. (Of course, you still need to back off the firing trigger when those reds DO swing by to buzz the station.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”