4.30 Impressions

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MrFiction
x3ap

4.30 Impressions

Post by MrFiction » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 11:21

After a few weeks with patch 4.30 here are some of my impressions. Overall I'm very happy with the update.

The quick menu seems to be mostly for controllers. It is very useful when playing with a controller and saves a lot of button presses. As others noted, the menu itself doesn't open quickly. However, you can already select an option BEFORE the menu is shown on screen which makes it fast after all.

There are a few bugs: walking around stations means often getting stuck on "nothing" and some encyclopedia articles about cockpits are missing.

Performance is slightly better, but feels a lot better for me because as someone on this forum explained it probably means the FPS is close to the refresh rate of the monitor.

AI seems better, although it might be placebo. It seems pilots boost often and several traders I attacked boost off. Then after I destroy their engines they jump if possible, more often than before it seems.

Gaining trade agents through combat.
Wow!
Finally means I no longer need the smalltalk minigame. Took me a while to figure out how it works, but once you take out hostiles around a station (the radius seems pretty large) sometimes your monitor shows a flashing NPC and a text "reward" shows on screen. At that time you HAVE to press A (on a controller) and you get a choice between credits and a trade agent.
Acquiring trade agents in HoL is very easy, as generic traffic around stations contain small docile enemy labeled (red) ships. Shooting only a few of these is enough to gain a trade agent.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Re: 4.30 Impressions

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 12:29

MrFiction wrote:The quick menu ... doesn't open quickly. However, you can already select an option BEFORE the menu is shown on screen which makes it fast after all.
Thanks for this, I didn't know that - this is a significant point, as those who become familiar with the numbering of the options can then preempt and thereby avoid the wait.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”