General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 08:30

RAVEN.myst wrote:
RainerPrem wrote: Vanilla'R'Us
High-five! :D

Nikola515 wrote:Does anyone know if only loot boxes spawn in sectors ??? Once in DV I noticed 5 containers of wheat just floating in space . I assumed one of ships got blown up or perhaps they spawn just like loot boxes ???
I'm *fairly* sure that must have been from some agricultural freighter that came to an unfortunate end.
This is one thing I have encountered as well. But I never have a jobless freighter nearby to pick up those containers. From the concept of "my squad" can I suspect there was a time, when the Skunk was thought to be accompanied by other ships? A Miner to interactively mine asteroids on the way? A freighter to pick up those containers?

cu
Rainer

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 10:44

RainerPrem wrote:From the concept of "my squad" can I suspect there was a time, when the Skunk was thought to be accompanied by other ships? A Miner to interactively mine asteroids on the way? A freighter to pick up those containers?
Well yes, and it's neither "a time" not "thought to be" :D What I mean is, if you add appropriate freighters (or one omni-cargo freighter) to your squad, you can do all that you mentioned. The ship needs to be in your squad and in your zone (if I recall correctly) for the appropriate modes to be engaged. You use the scanner modes for cargo collection and mineral collection. Cargo collection works as follows: you activate the HUB mode, and then you get to tag containers (with default 'F' if I'm not mistaken) so long as you have a freighter of matching cargo type in your squad - the cargo ship then sends out CLURVs to retrieve those containers. Mining works in much the same way: entern HUD mining mode, and using your Albino Skank's mining laser, break up 'roids until they are "container-sized"; the HUD mode both makes it easier to identify when your chunks are the right size, and allows you to tag the rocks for mining by SMURVs.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 23:11

I did try cargo collection but I find whole cargo collection menu somewhat annoying. Finding cargo is challenging enough but when you do it takes too long for ship to arrive. Meanwhile those containers have timer and they usually blow up by the time ship arrives. All thou it was interesting idea it was just implemented bad.

I never did cargo hacking though..... It sounds interesting :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :fg:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Tue, 9. Jan 18, 20:36

Lads I just did suspiciously expensive 'Valuable Items Going Spare' mission for 6mio credits.. I got one engine part which I was missing + some rare Jump drive components !!
It looks game offers you in a mission parts you are missing :)
6mio is worth it, saving me time for getting that part.
In a small fraction of time for finding that part I can capture any ship covering that value.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 10:48

"It looks game offers you in a mission parts you are missing"

I think the RNG just happened to smile on you that time. I have been sitting on 9/10 rare engine parts for ages now and in several of the 'valuable stash' missions, I keep getting parts that I already have. Still, the rare engines and parts are all very valuable in their own right, so keep them coming! It's also all the other 'normal' lootboxes you find while doing them that make these missions so worthwhile.

(Even the 'ambush' variants seem to provide a healthy proportion of pirate ship bails that are worth selling off.)

Hmm, we're getting a bit off thread topic now. Still, I suppose 'Missions' from the title applies.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 19:45

foxxbl wrote:Lads I just did suspiciously expensive 'Valuable Items Going Spare' mission for 6mio credits.. I got one engine part which I was missing + some rare Jump drive components !!
It looks game offers you in a mission parts you are missing :)
6mio is worth it, saving me time for getting that part.
In a small fraction of time for finding that part I can capture any ship covering that value.
Hi,

those might not exactly missing parts, but I took some expensive lockboxes for the first time in the game and found no less than 14 rare jumpdrive components and about 10 different rare engine parts in two of them.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”