X4 needs a better log! :O

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

iforgotmysocks
x4

X4 needs a better log! :O

Post by iforgotmysocks » Fri, 29. Dec 17, 18:49

Coming to the point in X-R where i've build about 40+ stations in a system, have small fleets positioned at keypoints like gates and jump beacons to keep invaders out (playing CWIR), and attempting to move into the next system, it's impossible to keep track of things without working with the logbook 24/7.
All really important messages that are coming in however all fall under the category "upkeep". May it be ships that were destroyed, may it be station builds completed, may it be money transfer messages from ur managers, ships being attacked and their flee attempts, it all goes into that one section leaving most other sections entirely unused or plain useless.

We need this various types of key information visible seperatly. Best would be to be able to filter and search the log aswell and the ability to create logbook entries on our own on a seperate section.
Being able to view all this important data seperatly and more organized becomes imperative in lategame when attempting to build a large empire.

Hope u guys pick up on this and thanks for the awesome work and time u put into ur games. <3

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Fri, 29. Dec 17, 21:27

omg YES!

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sat, 30. Dec 17, 04:26

Won't help with the Upkeep category, but the Log Everything mod does let you put in your own log entries. I use it to keep a (RP) diary.

I hope they implement your suggestion in X4.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 13:51

Concidering that it was possible in previous titles i don't see why it shouldn't be added. Alto a better structure for log entries seems to be a little more important.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 26. Jan 18, 23:37

BTW, I'd also like a log of the conversation subtitles. Esp. plot / cinematic conversations.

Return to “X4: Foundations”