(feedback topic) 4 years after the outrage

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Riccardoman
x4

(feedback topic) 4 years after the outrage

Post by Riccardoman » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 14:31

Giving the premise that as soon as I get a decent machine I will play this beautiful game

I followed every media update on XR during the years (the outrage, the critical patching, the huge burden on the developers etc) but I totally miss the personal experience

So I'm interested about your (community) personal view about what has been fixed and what cannot (and should be fixed in X4)
Do you still agree with most arguments this youtuber had to say https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uj2GWkv3SM or you think that the developers understood every flaw this game had at launch?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 14:49

In your place, I would disregard any reviews/vids from Rebirth launch and look at ones relating to version 4.10 or later.

Whatever 'flaws' the game (still) has, the current vanilla version is entirely playable and is quite fun to do so. You soon get to know the situations and arrangements probably to avoid and the autosave and quicksave functions are friendly enough to let you get back to a position where you can avoid an element of play that proves unfortunate.

When you are experienced enough in vanilla there are mods that can let you tweak the game to suit your playstyle preferences.

X4 will use and improve on the Rebirth game engine but will have much different gameplay. Watch the current X4 streams rather than worry about past Rebirth gameplay in that respect.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 17:05

I'm unclear on one point: have you already played the game and, if so, do you already own your own license? If so, I would suggest the simplest course of action: when you get your beastly machine, just give it a try and see for yourself :) (Of course, this assumes that the download data cost of reinstalling is not an issue - something I totally understand, given where I live, the land of metered connections...)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 17:13

Sorry I was not clear

I will certainly play the game for a long time like I did with X3

The purpose of this thread is to give feedbacks not to me but to Egosoft, your opinions on what you would like to change in XR and what fixes, patches, changes, improvements you liked during the past 4 years of support and hard work from the developers

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 17:42

I think I understand but frankly what has already been fixed is quite irrelevant once you stop needlessly dwelling on the state of the release version. Just look at the game as it is now would be my best advice.

As to what people still want to be changed, this forum is chock full of feedback threads on that. This one for just one example.

It is unlikely that X Rebirth will see much more in the way of updates other than easy bugfixes and optimisations, at least until X4 basics are proven popular and stable and then perhaps some suitable gameplay enhancements can be backported to Rebirth.

Wishlists for future X4 gameplay would be far better placed in the X4 forum after comparison with what has already been announced and shown, or in any relevant responses from the devs covered in the Q&A Index Sticky thread there.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 19:33

^
Also. Most X games got shit reviews at start. Why? Because "pro" reviews are in general worthless source of information. They are not made by people who are familiar with franchise, what community that plays and has been playing wants and expects, they do not possess even a semblance of understanding on how developer operates, and so on.

I had 5fps in TC for a year so what? Yeah I couldn't play it... then it was patched like every other X title. Rebirth was on brand new engine that is far more complicated then old and yet it was still more playable then some of the older X games, I didn't need Ego to fix my saves like in X2... fun as it was, in current day and age that is just unreasonable. People that sit on these forums for more then the first month after release of a new game, know full well what exactly they are getting into. Yeah some like to throw fits, bitch and moan... but if they are here years after all that, then all it was is just tantrum and nothing else(we are humans after all and we like to complain). Everything that need to be said was said plenty enough. Thankfully Ego does shit their own way and there are enough people that like their way for them to stay operational. All that ever needs saying is "please don't change to fit the current shit state of gaming industry".
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 21:08

Me being the old account "riky69" I know exactly what you mean hisazul :wink:

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 23:12

Remember that mmo idea bern had :P? That was one time when Ego gave up and I thanked baby space Jesus. I think the website for that is still around... hmmm...

Bah, I always have trouble finding the blasted thing. http://www.online-universe.net RIP hope to never see that. I like my X sp style thank you very much.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 23:30

Woah that's too much to handle! :o
Maybe when they will make the perfect X game....maybeeeeee :roll:

Being sarcastic here but for real, the X series has been and it is my favourite space sim ever. The devs show how much they care like noone in this genre

makaveli61
x4

Post by makaveli61 » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 07:47

Do they though? I admit I haven't played X:R for a long time now but last time I did, after setting up some stations for production and losing a lot of time and nerves over figuring out why they don't work, I realized I don't really have a need for it - there's no enemy or threat, nobody attacks my stations or ships.. and if some do get into a fight, they die before I can react.

So... is there anything like the xenon invading fleets in x3? Like the gate hub, or taking over hostile sectors, or faction wars? What do you do after you've secured your stations and a fleet?

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 09:28

makaveli61 wrote:Do they though? I admit I haven't played X:R for a long time now but last time I did, after setting up some stations for production and losing a lot of time and nerves over figuring out why they don't work, I realized I don't really have a need for it - there's no enemy or threat, nobody attacks my stations or ships.. and if some do get into a fight, they die before I can react.

So... is there anything like the xenon invading fleets in x3? Like the gate hub, or taking over hostile sectors, or faction wars? What do you do after you've secured your stations and a fleet?
Hi,

apart from the main plot there is the "Argon Secret Service" mission series.

Then you have several long running missions to get superior shield, drives (+JD, +SETA) and weapons.

One (relatively short) mission series comes from the UA faction.

And there is an alleged Xenon Invasion mission series which I haven't been able to find until now.

Last not least you can attempt to get all Steam achievements, which will take some time as well.

But unfortunately there are no more "real" plots than the original one.

cu
Rainer

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 09:58

i like those linked missions though. but it's PITA to find it on station walls especially when you got to be in scanning range of it.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 12:04

ajime wrote:i like those linked missions though. but it's PITA to find it on station walls especially when you got to be in scanning range of it.
Hi,

someone posted recently that they are more frequent at "special" stations. Shortly afterward, I found the "Ancient Race" mission at TerraCorp HQ.

cu
Rainer

Senar
x4

Post by Senar » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 14:36

Didn't you have your friendly BBS system (by pressing Enter-3-2) to list all available missions in your current zone ?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 14:44

Senar wrote:Didn't you have your friendly BBS system (by pressing Enter-3-2) to list all available missions in your current zone ?
Some rare or illegal missions don't show on the BBS, though. They include both artifact collection and the spacefly egg collection mission, along with various hacking/piracy/contraband missions.

It's actually one of the reason why I still use the "mission computer" mod. (When BBS came out, mission computer got modified to act as a complementary BBS for all the hidden missions).
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 21:30

I continue playing XR since the beginning (a bit of pause though) and from there to 4.1 and latest... This game is the good base for a very good game!

First there were lot's of mistakes from Ego and choices made wenren't that good.
BUT
Ego is a good firm with good guys... Maybe not all but most :lol: and they did what they told us all along the road of XR, Fix it, improve, make it better, and stable... It's now totally the case as you assume that some origin-game choices make it unsuficient to be a GREAT X as we know some.

As the name said from the very start of XR, it's a REBIRTH so it's just the beginning!

I trully think X4 will keep me up late lots of nights as all X3 did by their time...
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”