Split from warehouse problems thread.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

makaveli61
x4

Post by makaveli61 » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 07:44

This game just has bad AI in general. My most recent example is that a mining ship of mine just kept flying around in circles while being attacked instead of going to the station it was assigned to for some protection.

There's also the issue that if you're in a zone for too long, your ships just sorta forget what to do and quit moving, even if their objective is to go to a different sector.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 09:55

makaveli61 wrote:This game just has bad AI in general. My most recent example is that a mining ship of mine just kept flying around in circles while being attacked instead of going to the station it was assigned to for some protection.

There's also the issue that if you're in a zone for too long, your ships just sorta forget what to do and quit moving, even if their objective is to go to a different sector.
yeah. it was annoying especially the ship "bring me to" did nothing for 5 good minutes after landing. had to force "stop current task" and reissue the command.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 11:43

ajime wrote: it was annoying especially the ship "bring me to" did nothing for 5 good minutes after landing. had to force "stop current task" and reissue the command.
So, this is still happening, eh? Sigh... Good thing I haven't been playing. I found it happening most often right after a gate traversal, though often also from an arbitrary standstill, especially if the move would start with a high-magnitude turn.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 16:13

Please don't derail a thread specifically about warehouse issues. There are plenty of active 'what still needs fixing' type threads to be used.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”