Trading Ideas/Schemes for the Hub (TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JJRSC
x4

Trading Ideas/Schemes for the Hub (TC)

Post by JJRSC » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 22:30

Happy New Year, everyone. Would anyone please tell me how they use the Hub in their trading business? I have read that a number of people incorporate it in a number of ways, be it with CAG, CLS or ST/LT/UT... but now I'm trying to find these posts again and not having a lot of luck. :S

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Thanks!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 23:14

I use primarily CAG (typically I get to nearly 100 of them.) While there's a lot of subtle tweaks to make it work smoothly, and a whole lot of factors to account for, the basic principle is very simple: I leave the prices at the mean, and it takes care of itself. My first ware is almost always ore, as it's very lucrative in terms of pure margin. I then go into the various foods (starting with whichever race/s I am trying to stimulate economically and curry favour with), and then provide agricultural support (trading the underlying bio wares for the foods I distribute.) Ultimately, I end up dealing in ore and silicon, all the racial foods (primary and secondary), and all their farming crops. I tend not to trade in high-tech goods, as the margins tend to be weak, and many of them end up as resources for my HQ shipyard in any case. Energy is a tricky one: if you don't supply it in some manner to the economy, you'll end up with a market saturated with food and minerals, but stalled because of energy starvation. However, because you need energy to fuel your CAGs' jumpdrives, it's tricky to trade from the Hub without ending up with fuel shortages - it's not impossible, but it's not for a first attempt! Incidentally, you'll need to buy energy to fuel your CAGs - there are various ways, but assuming no support infrastructure, I recommend CLS2s buying ECs and delivering to the Hub - you can always get more than enough at minimum price.

I've written a couple of pretty extensive descriptions, so if you know how to search this forum for a specific user's posts, you might be in luck - right now, it's hours past when I should have been asleep (going to hate myself in the morning, lol!) so I'm not hanging around... (If I remember, I'll try to hunt down those old posts of mine tomorrow - if successful, I'll link them in.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

JJRSC
x4

Post by JJRSC » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 02:13

RAVEN.myst wrote:I've written a couple of pretty extensive descriptions, so if you know how to search this forum for a specific user's posts, you might be in luck - right now, it's hours past when I should have been asleep (going to hate myself in the morning, lol!) so I'm not hanging around... (If I remember, I'll try to hunt down those old posts of mine tomorrow - if successful, I'll link them in.)
Thank you! If you wouldn't mind linking those - if it's not a huge PITA - that would be awesome. Actually, yours were the posts I was trying to find but couldn't find them in any of the search functions on the site; although I haven't tried Google yet. Usually I'm pretty good with the extra search function but it either returned nothing, or so much (depending on the search terms) that I couldn't sift through it all.

Still, if linking those is a pain, don't worry about it. But if it's pretty easy, it would be greatly appreciated!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”