Orbital Laser ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Orbital Laser ?

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 02:33

I just came across the Terran Orbital Laser in the hold of a Woden. It was a juicy target but also had Hull Polarization in addition to 6 x2 shields.

We saw them as part of an early plot in AP. They look like they're stronger than the CW LT. Anyone know where we can get a supply?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 07:11

This is a constant source of "irk" for me - there are none to be had for purchase. :( Until now (and thank you!) I didn't even know they could be found in the manner you did, the only times I've seen them is deployed here and there in Terran space (normally next to jump beacons.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 07:20

I got one when I went after a Woden that had a Jump Beacon. It appears to be nothing more than a reskinned Lasertower. You can use a Freight Drone to fetch a Plasma Beam Cannon from it just like from an LT.

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Wed, 24. Jan 18, 02:16

RAVEN.myst wrote:This is a constant source of "irk" for me - there are none to be had for purchase. :( Until now (and thank you!) I didn't even know they could be found in the manner you did, the only times I've seen them is deployed here and there in Terran space (normally next to jump beacons.)
Isn't there a player-buildable factory for them? I've always killed Terrans in AP so honestly wouldn't know.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 05:54

Reimu Hakurei wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:This is a constant source of "irk" for me - there are none to be had for purchase. :( Until now (and thank you!) I didn't even know they could be found in the manner you did, the only times I've seen them is deployed here and there in Terran space (normally next to jump beacons.)
Isn't there a player-buildable factory for them? I've always killed Terrans in AP so honestly wouldn't know.
Unfortunately, no.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”