Game color modifications

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-Dna-
x4

Game color modifications

Post by -Dna- » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 14:47

From my twitter feed I just received this video from NVidia. The new Freestyle real-time image filtering remember me a lot of X4 color scheme options.

Do you guys just developed something awesome some months before NVidia? Small Egosoft team 1 - 0 big NVidia guys:lol:
Remember: Good things don't come to an end: good things just stop. ~ [cit. Sean "Day[9]" Plott]

:xenon: Xenon Love! \#/ :xenon:
:split: Grill the Borons! :split:
:pirat: Real pirates (ab)use Jumpdrive (and Rum) :pirat:

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 17:26

It's just enabling or disabling different features of the renderer (DirectX or Vulcan in the case of X4) and/or applying different filters to the image. Also known as post-processing.

I'm pretty sure Egosoft were only planning on doing a couple of presets; one for those who like a colourful game, and one for others who like a more muted looking game for "realism" (although I disagree that muted colours makes it look more realistic but anyway :P)

Nvidia have just implemented this within their overlay. Depending on how this goes, it might be beneficial to us if it can be used within Vulcan for X4 then Egosoft don't need to develop it themselves!

-Dna-
x4

Post by -Dna- » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 17:38

I find that it is more like the ENB for Skyrim, where we had to inject some code in the graphics dll to add awesome effects. In this case, NVidia do that for us :)
Remember: Good things don't come to an end: good things just stop. ~ [cit. Sean "Day[9]" Plott]

:xenon: Xenon Love! \#/ :xenon:
:split: Grill the Borons! :split:
:pirat: Real pirates (ab)use Jumpdrive (and Rum) :pirat:

Return to “X4: Foundations”