[TC] Yet Another Reputation Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lyonhaert
x3tc

[TC] Yet Another Reputation Question

Post by lyonhaert » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 17:25

I'd been doing some experiments lately playing with the script editor, but finally got back around to actual progress in my game last night for a short while. I was trying to rebuild some rep with pirates (which was at -662 and being an enemy to them) because I wanted access to the PBG forges. I started checking Pirate Bases for missions and got quite lucky with two Build Station missions in a row from the PPC forge and Pirate Base in Olmancketslat's Treaty which, along with a Quick Taxi in the middle, took my rep up to 100. Both missions installed the station in the same sector, so now I have four lovely pirate-controlled stations I can farm missions from in one sector. Just need to set up some CLS freighters to supply the Thunderbolt and PPC forges and to buy their stuff.

However, checking on the PBG forge, I'm still an enemy. I've heard of workarounds such as scanning a ship to get it to reevaluate it's relation to you, but that isn't an option with stations. So, short of finding a station hacking mission, or blowing it up on the slight chance the pirates will send a replacement in a TL so I can steal it, I have some questions.

Do I just need to get the rep a couple levels higher? Would scanning a red pirate ship affect the disposition of other objects like stations? Is there another factor affecting my enemy status with pirates such as friendliness with the other major races?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 17:41

Ships and stations have two relationship settings:
1. Relative to the race/faction.
2. Relative the ship/pilot.

So you could be neutral or friendly with a faction yet have some of their assets still hostile to you.

You can check for this situation by getting another of your assets into the sector and then put its 'Enemy if enemy to me' setting to off. If the station then shows as neutral to that, then that is your problem.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 17:46

Fly one of your ships to the sector while you staying oos will most likely make hostile.ships, weapon platform and lasertowers friendly if you have positive rep with the race. But stations do not forget or forgive, you'll just have to hack it. Also there should be more pbg forges around.

Is "replacement in a tl" really a thing? Do I get to keep the NPC version of the station? Can I get a shipyard/goner temple?

EDIT:
Yes, yes, no.

funny I didn't remember going terran station hunting before. Will do it again this time I want to own a few aldrin stations.

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 19:00

Alan Phipps wrote:Ships and stations have two relationship settings:
1. Relative to the race/faction.
2. Relative the ship/pilot.

So you could be neutral or friendly with a faction yet have some of their assets still hostile to you.

You can check for this situation by getting another of your assets into the sector and then put its 'Enemy if enemy to me' setting to off. If the station then shows as neutral to that, then that is your problem.
I'll check that out tonight.
fireanddream wrote:Fly one of your ships to the sector while you staying oos will most likely make hostile.ships, weapon platform and lasertowers friendly if you have positive rep with the race. But stations do not forget or forgive, you'll just have to hack it. Also there should be more pbg forges around.

Is "replacement in a tl" really a thing? Do I get to keep the NPC version of the station? Can I get a shipyard/goner temple?
There only two forges in my galaxy at the moment: one sitting all by itself in Maelstrom with 7 PBGs in stock; one in LooManckStrat's Legacy with laser towers and the Pirate Anarchy Base nearby. So I'm probably going to cruise the area around Maelstrom (including the two Pirate Bases in nearby sectors) for a station hacking missions and probably Build Station missions from the Pirate Bases to increase mission farming from them.

As far as replacement stations, my understanding from what I've read on this forum is that it is sometimes a thing. That if a station was outright destroyed (not removed by GoD), that there's a chance (though it could take quite a while) that a TL will be sent with a replacement station. Also from what I've gathered the chance of this is pretty low with pirates, and that it might only happen once - if at all - with any particular pirate-controlled fab.

However, if there is a TL with a station inside (no matter what kind of station), you could possibly get that station for your own control if you succeed in boarding the TL. I think the thread in which I read this was in relation to acquiring one's own IBL forge by boarding a Yaki Ryu carrying a replacement. Can't remember if anybody had success with a PBG forge, though.

I'm still training marines (and probably spending too much on it) and expanding infrastucture, so I haven't gotten anywhere near attempting this yet. But there will be much experimentation when I do! Finding a very well-trained marine on a used Hydra moved me a wee bit closer to boarding ops, though. :D

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 19:46

If don't need a large quantity of them I suggest just scouting around Maelstrom for sector map and hacking offers. I got 32 pbg, more than I ever need, by maually supplying one forge in Danna's Chance.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 20:11

Red pirate stations don't automatically go blue when you reach a certain rep level. You need to find a nearby 'hacking' mission that will reset your rep with that particular station. You can usually find these missions within a three-sector range.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 20:50

For the hacking missions, I've also seen advice that the "reset" is temporary and that it's wise to have a TS nearby with some resources the station needs. Then immediately tell it to dock after the hack, sell resources and buy what products there are to "cement" the newfound friendliness of the hacked station.

Is this accurate, or someone's misinterpretation of events in their game?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 23:09

In X3AP the 'reset' is definitely temporary with Anarchy Ports when with adverse or marginal rep with the Pirates, but I haven't seen any reset whatsoever after a successful hack of a Pirate-owned production station, regardless of your rep with them. I honestly cannot remember the situation for standard Pirate Bases as I so very rarely find them hostile anyway - not unless I've been deliberately damaging them or their laser towers.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 07:04

Alan Phipps wrote:I honestly cannot remember the situation for standard Pirate Bases as I so very rarely find them hostile anyway - not unless I've been deliberately damaging them or their laser towers.
Pirate Bases are oddly and inordinately proprietorial about jump gates in their sector (even if the sector itself belongs to some other faction), and even a couple of stray shots at such a gate is enough for the PB to turn red, with the same "You were warned - pirate ships will hunt you down like vermin" message they send when the PB itself is shot.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 07:19

Strange, that is.

All my normal Pirate Bases are cool with me, so I'll just have to make sure not to shoot the gates, I guess.

I found a hacking mission almost immediately tonight in Tears of Greed, so that particular PBG forge is friendly now. Yay. These things are OP.

PBG is scary.

I just flew my PBG mounted HCP for a test ride, and it destroyed a Q almost as fast as my PSG mounted agamemnon. Boi.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”