HOTAS Warthog config/script for X3TC/AP

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

1muvwndr
xr

HOTAS Warthog config/script for X3TC/AP

Post by 1muvwndr » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 19:57

After spending one hour searching I couldn't find any working link to a script to make stick + rudder work. I know that these games don't recognize more than one USB device but I know too that Target can emulate 2 devices as one but my knwledge ends here.
Any suggestions?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 20:09

Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 20:59

Thanks but I found both before coming here and they don't work (at least for me). Same error on both (Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0402") before the script stops for time out.
Might be something on my side but I don't have the knowledge to fix it.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 21:15

Have you tried this workaround already?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

vrod
x4

Warthog HOTAS and MFG Pedals user

Post by vrod » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 21:03

Hi.

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle/Stick (HOTAS), (2) Cougar MFD's, and MFG Pedals.

I was using Target successfully (Win-7). This captured everything except for my rudder pedals. I configured the pedals to just send a keystroke to rotate left or right.

The above worked OK-ish, but there was no controlling the amount of roll. It was either roll or no roll. Also, I really wanted the pedals to control yaw. (with precision)

Last week, I found UCR (and VJoy). I have since loaded up my analog axis into UCR (and a few stick buttons). Now I am playing X3 like I have always dreamt of! Pedals are controlling yaw WITH PRECISION. Stick pitches and rolls the ship. Throttle works great. (Same control scheme I use for ED to it feels like second nature.)

The MFD's are not recognized by UCR (at the moment), so I use AutoHotKey to map them to whatever keys I want. I am using AHK for other things too, so it was easy to add the extra keys in the code.

Keep trying. It is super-great once you get it working like you want it to. Controls make a great game greater-er!

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 21:05

OK, finally found enough time to dive into this.
And I still can't configure my HOTAS Warthog to work properly in the game. I obviously don't have enough skill to use Target software for this, and Vjoy+UCR are again made for someone that understands this issue much more than I do.
So any help would be appreciated.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”