Problem with visibility map/target info

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Post Reply
Retrox
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu, 9. Nov 06, 15:59

Problem with visibility map/target info

Post by Retrox » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 19:41

Hello everyone,
I restarted playing X:Rebirth after a long time (last time played was in 2014) and im really happy, cause the Devs added many new features and fixed many bugs. I really like the ability to have a map of the near area around the ship. Unluckily, the info screen shares the same screen with the (small)map screen, so i can hardly see anything, if im around a station of capital ship. Is there a way to prevent this showing up or change the location where it will show up?
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Ezarkal
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed, 22. Apr 15, 02:27

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 20:42

You can toggle map view with a hotkey (I think it's ctrl+R, but check the key bindings in the menu) to prevent target info from displaying.

You cannot, however, prevent the various alerts and comms from popping up all the time, even if you're getting your ass kicked in a dogfight.

I just assigned one of my joystick's buttons to the map display and keep hitting it as soon as something shows up.
(I also use the "silence you all" mod to reduce the various incoming messages to a minimum and preserve my sanity from the NPC banter. It helps, but it's still no panacea when it comes to the radar display.)
"I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...
I'm saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem solve itself out."

Requiemfang
Posts: 2743
Joined: Thu, 16. Jul 09, 12:24

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 30. Jan 18, 00:48

Ezarkal wrote:You can toggle map view with a hotkey (I think it's ctrl+R, but check the key bindings in the menu) to prevent target info from displaying.

You cannot, however, prevent the various alerts and comms from popping up all the time, even if you're getting your ass kicked in a dogfight.

I just assigned one of my joystick's buttons to the map display and keep hitting it as soon as something shows up.
(I also use the "silence you all" mod to reduce the various incoming messages to a minimum and preserve my sanity from the NPC banter. It helps, but it's still no panacea when it comes to the radar display.)
Shift+R not ctrl+R :wink: At least that's what the vanilla key settings for it are.

Ezarkal
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed, 22. Apr 15, 02:27

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 30. Jan 18, 01:36

Requiemfang wrote: Shift+R not ctrl+R :wink: At least that's what the vanilla key settings for it are.
Thanks for the correction. Like I mentioned, this is now hotkeyed to my joystick, so I didn't use it in months. 8)
"I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...
I'm saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem solve itself out."

donzi
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon, 12. Feb 07, 15:29

Post by donzi » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 07:52

The loss of multiple cockpit monitors of X2 was the saddest thing as I progressed from there to x rebirth.. Guess just too much changed and it's not practical or doable in the new codebase.

Sadly, it didn't appear to be making a comeback in X Foundations best I could tell after spending a couple hours scouring the numerous sneak peeks and Q&A topics.

Ah well. The new map and UI appear to be a great step forward from the X rebirth layout.

The 2 minimap/monitor keys to fiddle with would be SHIFT + R and SHIFT + M per default control values.

MrFiction
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat, 7. Jul 12, 19:16

Post by MrFiction » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 13:02

The monitor is one of the annoyances I have with this game. Once you build up your empire the message spam is massive. It's not just the visual annoyance but sometimes it also locks you into doing anything else while a message is shown on the radar screen. I haven't found a way/mod to completely disable all banter and "trade is complete" nonsense.

User avatar
sd_jasper
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon, 25. Jan 16, 01:44

Post by sd_jasper » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 14:13

MrFiction wrote:The monitor is one of the annoyances I have with this game. Once you build up your empire the message spam is massive. It's not just the visual annoyance but sometimes it also locks you into doing anything else while a message is shown on the radar screen. I haven't found a way/mod to completely disable all banter and "trade is complete" nonsense.
"SilenceYouAll" https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =552011927

Post Reply

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”