Split from planet landing thread

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 14:24

Malakie wrote:
Lord Dakier wrote:Landing on planets and moons is a gimmick, which without spending a heck load of resources and time will never be well fleshed out. I do think we should be able to effectively control planets from space however.

Different planets having various stats, sizes, resources that can be acquired from them, types of industry on them such as military or tourism. This would tie in quite nicely with sector invasions and wars, but planets should be mid-late game, maybe have a non-colonised one in the early game.

a gimmick? LOL. I take it you have never heard of Star Citizen then.. While X4 does not have anywhere near the capability to so what SC is doing, it ain't no gimmick.. In SC, everything from full biomes to building your own bases to dynamic mission generation to harvesting to mining.. it is all there.

Again, X4 can't do that because of what it entails in terms of scope, but it sure is not a gimmick.
Referencing Star Citizen as the benchmark for anything in space game development demonstrates, at the very least, the lack of ability to make distinctions between projects of varying scopes, funding levels and achievable goals.

It also demonstrates how little most people really know about the person standing behind said project.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 01:24

gbjbaanb wrote:
Malakie wrote:
Lord Dakier wrote:Landing on planets and moons is a gimmick, which without spending a heck load of resources and time will never be well fleshed out. I do think we should be able to effectively control planets from space however.

Different planets having various stats, sizes, resources that can be acquired from them, types of industry on them such as military or tourism. This would tie in quite nicely with sector invasions and wars, but planets should be mid-late game, maybe have a non-colonised one in the early game.

a gimmick? LOL. I take it you have never heard of Star Citizen then.. While X4 does not have anywhere near the capability to so what SC is doing, it ain't no gimmick.. In SC, everything from full biomes to building your own bases to dynamic mission generation to harvesting to mining.. it is all there.

Again, X4 can't do that because of what it entails in terms of scope, but it sure is not a gimmick.
Come back to us when SC is released..... 4 years in development now and not looking like it'll appear on the shelves anytime soon.

1) Trolling someone's comment in the negative is not cool

2) I referenced it, did not promote it.. I said I PERSONALLY am looking forward to it to play and that it and X4 ARE on the top of MY PERSONAL LIST of goto games..

3) I ALSO referenced it in answer to another post called "planetary landings" a gimmick when it was suggested that maybe someday in the future the X series games might see something like that.

SO GET OFF YOUR crap personal animus about Star Citizen. This conversation was not about that in the least.
Last edited by Malakie on Tue, 13. Feb 18, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 01:27

Slashman wrote:
Malakie wrote:

Referencing Star Citizen as the benchmark for anything in space game development demonstrates, at the very least, the lack of ability to make distinctions between projects of varying scopes, funding levels and achievable goals.

It also demonstrates how little most people really know about the person standing behind said project.

another one.. seriously? You want to attack me personally because I backed another project that you have some problem with?

I am fully aware of the scope of the project. I am fully satisfied where it is and where it is going.

That being said, my comment, as I already said to another person, is not about the game persay.. It was a statement that for ME, SC and X4 ARE my go to games and about the only things I will play.

I was replying also to the fact that someone called the potential for FUTURE X games having planetary landings a GIMMICK.. So I referenced Star Citizen as proof it is not a gimmick. THAT only takes a bit of common sense to figure out if you read what I actually wrote.

PERIOD.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 13:33

Please keep personal remarks and bad temper out of our forums thanks. The moderators will decide what may be trolling and then take any necessary action thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”