[Advice Needed] Mods to fix Rebirth for X3 Fan & Add Dynamic War

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

[Advice Needed] Mods to fix Rebirth for X3 Fan & Add Dynamic War

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 09:47

Hi, currently playing X3 with https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=381503

Just looking to see relevant mods for Rebirth I found one which added Dynamic Faction Sector war, really just here looking for an X3 fans perspective on modding Rebirth to bring more in line with X3 style of play.

I have used mods for Rebirth in the past, things like getting NPCs to shut up and no docking for trades and that internal mod.

So I am looking to see if anybody has a good setup going and can provide links.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 16:42

Mind you, I haven't been trying to make X Rebirth like X3, just choosing mods that avoid parts of Rebirth I can't stand (e.g., smalltalk) or change things in a way that makes sense to me (e.g., trade ship captains doing trading on their own from the data I provide rather than needing micromanagement). But some of it does rather align with that, so here are the ones I use that are possibly relevant. I haven't provided links here because all the ones I'm using are from the X Rebirth Steam Workshop.

I haven't tried all of the silencing mods (I should try others), just a couple so far and they both broke something else so I uninstalled them. However, TAF (Trade Agents Forever), Show Skills, and then Craft Virtual Seminars and/or Black Market Seminars help avoid all the smalltalk minigames.

Yet Another Trader allows set up some limited automatic trading somewhat similar to Sector/Local/Universal Traders from X3.

I don't think I can get around docking entirely, as it's required for some missions, but there is a lot that I can get around without mods. If I just need to talk to somebody, that can be done from space, as can almost all trading I do with the Skunk. Mission Contacts will show up in a separate category (Enter -> 5 -> 1, I think) and I can just comm them. I can also trade with a lot of merchants from the 5 menu by comming them or using the Trade (4) button (which will avoid Ren saying "Show me your wares, please"). This is my preferred way because it allows me to change multiple wares' buy/sell before finalizing the transaction instead of finalizing each one individually when face-to-face with the merchant. I just have to wait a moment or two for the delivery drones. I can even trade with Black Marketeers by targeting a docking port, flying a bit away if I need to be out of range of police scans, then hitting and see a list of all NPCs on the station grouped by the docking port they're in.

Capital Ship Bridge or More Crew brings back some TP-class ability since the game is very crew-oriented. I haven't gone out of my way to use something like AutoCrew, because I kindof like the crew aspect that Rebirth adds versus the more disconnected feeling in X3.

I also recommend Boarding Options and Marine Rebalance and playing on Hard or Very Hard. Makes me care about my 50 faceless marines a bit more. X3 was a bit opposite here in that you were pretty disconnected from the captains (if any) of your trading ships, but you spent a lot of time cultivating your marines and they felt more like a bunch of individuals.

I don't think one can truly get Rebirth to feel like X3, though. Rebirth and X3 are really very different games to start with. Personally, while I've used mods/scripts in both to move it towards the playstyle that's more enjoyable for me, if I wanted to play X3 I'd play X3 instead of Rebirth. But X3 also satisfies a different playing need than Rebirth does for me.

Are there any other aspects in particular of Rebirth that you wanted to change?

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 03:21

I have heard/ used a couple of these mods before,
I think the others I took as most needed for me personally were the removal of trade lanes, I don't mind them but I just don't like how they are implemented even if we use the no mini games in trade lanes mods. I just kinda prefer the old slug the old gal around space using boosters and or jumpdrive and watch everyone else moving around as well causing interactions to happen which may never happen on the highway.

I am not trying to turn Rebirth into X3, there are just a number of annoyances for me, firstly yes the automatic (somewhat) trade submenu was needed I never want to land just to make a trade that is tedious it should have that the option before to do trades and separate itself inside vs outside trading where inside traders might be like the Merchants in X3 go inside for deals outside trade docking for station wares.

The Better Captains Bridge was another mod as well as the model changes for your Skunk Crew. I also liked that assisted intertia mod.

Otherwise, what would I like from Rebirth, to be honest, the same thing I wanted from all space games even X3 and its not enough to just see the universe go about it days, but I want a reason to build an empire, now at last with X3 we have LiteCubes Universe and Mayhem which combine for a fresh experience with dynamic faction wars and sector takeovers.

If you are not familiar those they work together and introduce constantly shifting sector ownership and a competitive real ai which acts like the player and competes the same way you do.

Rebirth is different I agree, but if I could fix those annoyances and repetitive tasks with proper fleets and transport great, now give me something to use these ships in battle for ;)
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 16:01

ledhead900 wrote:...removal of trade lanes...
Are you referring to the highways?
ledhead900 wrote:I also liked that assisted intertia mod.
Haven't used one of those yet. I bound a key to the activate/deactivate Flight Assist control and that seems to provide enough Newtonian physics for me (for flying away from a wing of fighters at about their speed and turning around to snipe them with railgun.)
ledhead900 wrote:LiteCubes Universe and Mayhem which combine for a fresh experience with dynamic faction wars and sector takeovers.
I might try those out if I start a second run in X3:AP. Still fairly early in my first run (sandbox) of X3:TC.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 06:25

Highways yes- hated them haha, I get the concept is nice but were not fun not with those mini-games which I know you can get rid of with a mod just I prefer to have fast flying ships and use jumpdrives more to cover larger ground than sit in a lane.

Oh you would love LiteUniverse, tho you need a fresh clean game and need to use the X3:AP No-Steam exe provided by Egosoft.

I would not play X3 again without Lites Universe it's amazing. Mayhem is optional and is a lot harder but adds real-time diplomatic options and faction wars it is to be installed along-side LiteUniverse and makes the races declare war and truces and they will take other sectors and claim them and fight to re-claim key sectors, the best part is you can disturb the economy with your empire and espionage. pilots will jump ship more often so you can find abandoned ships after battles sometimes.

Brand new stock market brand new AI.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mayhem< Mayhem
(Personally, I play with the OCV turned off)

http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/Features <Litecubes Universe
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”