4.30 : cursor sprite disabled when invoking map while docked and in exterior view?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

4.30 : cursor sprite disabled when invoking map while docked and in exterior view?

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 3. Mar 18, 15:39

As I have barerly started playing again after several months, I have no idea if had been reported yet.

While I am in exterior camera mode, if I access the map menu, the cursor sprite is disabled but if I move my mouse around I see the map menu is reacting as if the mouse is there, but I just don't see it.
Last edited by Browser_ice on Sat, 3. Mar 18, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 3. Mar 18, 16:20

What version and is it modded? Are you using full screen mode, borderless window or windowed mode?
(Information required for Tech Sp)

I tested for this in vanilla 4.30 using external camera view (F3) and for all map modes I had the usual mouse cursor. Sorry, I cannot confirm this issue.

Do you have any other controllers or joysticks plugged in? If so, try again after restarting a game session without them.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 3. Mar 18, 18:59

Hummm, I will have to test it again as I went into external camera and did nto have the issue. However, I was not docked on a ship. I will try to doc on a ship and test this again.
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 3. Mar 18, 19:18

Yes, the first ship I docked on it, as soon as I appeared in my ship in front of the exit to that ship, I hit F2 for external view and then when streight to map. The cursor sprite was gone but the window was reacting to an invisible cursor. From there, I just hit F1 to go back to normal 3rd person view.
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”