X2 - getting all docked ships on an Elephant to dock at a Shipyard OOS

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Syn3rgy

X2 - getting all docked ships on an Elephant to dock at a Shipyard OOS

Post by Syn3rgy » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 14:36

I am busy capping Pirates for some quick money and have 30 ships docked at my Elephant.

I send the Elephant to nearest shipyard and get it to park close by. Is there a way to get all the docked ships to dock at the Shipyard with a single command. My Bayamon is in another sector or two away.

I tried broadcasting but it does not work, do I need to be docked on the Elephant or In Sector at least?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 15:16

It has been ages since I played X2, but couldn't you consider your first captured ship as a leader and then as you capture other ships you order each of them to follow that leader. (I cannot recall if the leader has to be undocked for that order.) That way they should eventually dock at the Elephant and then when you want to move them all to a shipyard, you just tell the leader to dock there and the rest should follow.

I would suggest that you continue not being IS with them when you transfer them across as this method sounds a very likely source of IS collisions for already damaged ships probably without shields.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Re: X2 - getting all docked ships on an Elephant to dock at a Shipyard OOS

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 17:15

Syn3rgy wrote:I tried broadcasting but it does not work
Tried how and failed how?
  1. Open property menu
  2. Select the TL
  3. Show the Landed ships view
  4. Open command console of one of the landed ships
  5. There should be option "Broadcast to docked ships"
  6. After selecting one of the ship type filters you should see some commands, including the Dock..

While it seems a bit counterintuitive, there is probably logic in a ship broadcasting to other ships in the same "environment" (station, carrier, sector):
* Why should NPC station offer "Broadcast to player's ships"?
* How would a Carrier separate between "bcast to other ships in this environment" and "bcast to ships in my landing dock"?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Syn3rgy

Post by Syn3rgy » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 09:29

I think I was missing step 4, to open the command console on one of the docked ships.

I just used the Broadcast commands directly from the TL

Thanks for the replies, I will try tonight.

Syn3rgy

Post by Syn3rgy » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 10:48

If you select a docked ship, then do the broadcast, it works perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”