[X3AP] I should be friends with the Terrans but their stations are shown as "hostile"

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vince1987

[X3AP] I should be friends with the Terrans but their stations are shown as "hostile"

Post by Vince1987 » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 12:56

Dear all,

I haven't posted anything on this forum for more than 3 years, so let me apologize if I've started a redundant thread or posted this message in the wrong section.

To the matter at hand:

I started as an Argon peacekeeper.

I completed the "shady business" plot and opted for a diplomatic ending to the war, which lead to a ceasefire between the Argon and the Terrans. My ultimate goal was to have access to Terran ships so I could eventually lodge my foot up some Xenon behinds with more vigor.

Although I've built a pretty good relationship with the Terrans (killing 25 xenon capital ships in Segaris did get me some recognition...) , I cannot dock at terran stations. There's a terran shipyard in Mars, but it appears hostile (red).

Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 13:14

Hi,

if stations are red, they won't get blue just by raising the reputation. You need to find a station hacking mission in a close by sector.

Hint: you can use the Hub to connect a pirate sector to Mars. Hacking missions are more likely to be found in pirate stations.

cu
Rainer

Vince1987

Post by Vince1987 » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 13:18

I'll give it a shot, thanks!

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 15:28

Most stations become friendly again after 3 game hours of gaining positive race rank however this sometimes bugs and they remain hostile.

One strategy is to attack the stations until they say they are sending ships to hunt you down to forcefully reset the timer.

Alternatively they must be hacked.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 23:48

DrSuperEvil wrote:Most stations become friendly again after 3 game hours of gaining positive race rank however this sometimes bugs and they remain hostile....
If a station is red to you due to hostile action, they stay red until hacked. However, stations that were only red due to a low rep can be turned blue. The way to do that is to be OOS and have an asset within scanner range of the station/object. Then access the sector map while still OOS. That will generally turn the red objects blue, again, as long as they weren't red due to hostile actions. Note that most red stations automatically turn blue once your rep gets to an appropriate level (you may have to go OOS for this to happen, though).
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Vince1987

Post by Vince1987 » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 14:40

Thank you all for your tips!

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 18:05

It could also be the hostility setting of your current ship.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”