walking boots [resolved with Lowa Boots]

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 18:16

Congrats!

What's a "Chilli Plug?"

I'd Google it... but, it sounds dangerous to Google...

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 18:39

A baby Chilli plant. I didn't have room indoors to germinate my own seeds this year. The crappy weather and slugs from under my neighbors decking last year wrecked all my good plants, except for four of the best ones I had room for indoors all year. So I've got to start over.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 18:51

Ah, gotcha, that's what I thought you were addressing.

A friend of mine grows chilis for his home-made hot sauce and relish. He built some "raised beds" for his pepper patch and I think it worked out pretty well for him. Though, there probably weren't any weather issues, slugs and rabbits were more of a concern.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 11:28

When I said about walking on ice he thought I wanted to buy some big spikes too (there were ome right next to the boots), but I declined, on the grounds that our facilities people would murder me if I came into our faculty building wearing them.

I'll look for something suitable over the next year while I get used to the boots.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 12:31

The idea of boots needing to help you on ice. . .

Wow.

That's a different life to what I live. ;)
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 12:47

Usenko wrote:The idea of boots needing to help you on ice. . .
I know this sounds crazy, but the stuff can even fall out of the sky! SRSLY!

I decided to live North* of where I was born-and-raised, the Southern US, because they have "Seasons" here, and fluffy white stuff, from time to time, that I like to look at while drinking my morning coffee.

Where I grew up, we might find white stuff on the ground once every few years or so. Quite the novelty. Otherwise, all "water from the sky" was used to make mud and swamps...

*For the hemispherically-challenged, "North" is "Up." ;)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 15:09

Morkonan wrote:
Usenko wrote:The idea of boots needing to help you on ice. . .
I know this sounds crazy, but the stuff can even fall out of the sky! SRSLY!
When I moved to the UK from Australia in the 60's I thought snow grew. having only ever seen it on cards from my nan or in the distance on mountains.

Finding that Santa wasn't a lifeguard with a fake beard and a red hat surfing in followed by the rest of the team on the jet boat loaded with presents (which I did realise were from our parents, cos I wasn't that silly), but a bored man smelling of cigarettes in Debenhams in a santa suit was a bit of a let down too.

Return to “Off Topic English”