Russian poisoning

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 12. Jul 18, 11:10

Morkonan wrote:First of all, this isn't about the "Russians." It's about Putin and his crew, not the Russian people. (Just like Trump complaints aren't, I hope, directed at all US citizens.)
Good point well made. I have been guilty of this, we must not conflate the actions of a government with that of the people. I don't do this with Trump and I kinda have with Russia, I will do better.

A link to popular support might be made but such support is never universal and mightn't be based on all the information (currently watching a documentary series about the war in Vietnam, which makes this latter point all too well.)
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 19. Jul 18, 13:07

I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 19. Jul 18, 14:06

Interesting...

By the way, on the more recent case, I saw a blurb scroll across the news screen the other day that they had found a container/bottle in the home that may have had residue in it. Is there anything on that? Curious to see if they have an origin point for that container.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 19. Jul 18, 14:07

Yeah some kind of perfume bottle apparently. But if anything more has been released publicly I'm not aware of it.
I can't breathe.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 19. Jul 18, 14:31

RegisterMe wrote:Yeah some kind of perfume bottle apparently. But if anything more has been released publicly I'm not aware of it.
^--- This.

I am intensely interested in this in order to put an end to speculation on this and I'm sure several governments feel the same way.

We've got a thread with arguments that could be laid to rest if there is more information forthcoming about this. It may be that there is some sort of news "blackout" relating to this information, it being an investigation that is still ongoing. Or, it may have been a rumor or mistake. Either way, it needs to get cleared up and I wonder why, if the source was found, it wasn't announced more widely.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 19. Jul 18, 14:40

iirc (and I am really not sure) I think one of the brothers of the recent two victims spoke to the press out of turn. It may well be the case that he's been told to shut up so as not to jeopardise the investigation.

I'm a long way from certain about the above though.

Ahh, here you go:-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 48831.html
I can't breathe.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 19. Jul 18, 17:10

Morkonan wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:Yeah some kind of perfume bottle apparently. But if anything more has been released publicly I'm not aware of it.
^--- This.

I am intensely interested in this in order to put an end to speculation on this and I'm sure several governments feel the same way.

We've got a thread with arguments that could be laid to rest if there is more information forthcoming about this. It may be that there is some sort of news "blackout" relating to this information, it being an investigation that is still ongoing. Or, it may have been a rumor or mistake. Either way, it needs to get cleared up and I wonder why, if the source was found, it wasn't announced more widely.
Here's the problem, just because America has a leaker in chief, they seem to think the rest of the world should be doing the same thing. Even though we have an imbecile as a PM, at least she can keep her big mouth shut when she has to. There is absolutely no reason that our intelligence agencies are going to leak out information that they don't want any one to know. Even this we now have suspects is a play, they are not even denying or acknowledging it, but I bet those suspects are asking that question more than anyone else is.

We will get information when it is deemed appropriate and I bet it will not come from a twitter leak.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 11:34

felter wrote: We will get information when it is deemed appropriate and I bet it will not come from a twitter leak.
Yup. Investigations aren't run for the media's benefit. Period.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 13:27

Chips wrote:
felter wrote: We will get information when it is deemed appropriate and I bet it will not come from a twitter leak.
Yup. Investigations aren't run for the media's benefit. Period.
Unless it's Cliff Richard :lol: .
I can't breathe.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 17:07

felter wrote:Here's the problem, just because America has a leaker in chief, they seem to think the rest of the world should be doing the same thing. ..
WTF does that have to do with anything? Why even go there?

OK, fine. Deal with it yourself if you're going to be that way. It's not like it hadn't already been announced that a possible source was found. I'm was just trying to track down what information there was on that, that's all.

Now, I gotta take flak for Trump when I'm asking for information that's already out there because I'm concerned for the people of the UK?

Screw that.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 02:48

RegisterMe wrote:
:shock: oh yeah :D

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 04:01

Chips wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:
:shock: oh yeah :D
Sorry, it was naff, cheap and easy.... but then again so is...

ok, I'll leave it now.
I can't breathe.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 23:38

It made me laugh :P

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 16:30

About that "leaker in chief" thing. Hmmm. Knowing what we know now about how far our leader is into the whole Putin-Russia bit I'm wondering if all this silence out of DC except leaks and such isn't driven by Trump. Concidering his love of all things Putin it would make sense and that hits me as being slighty scarey. If US policy is being driven by "Don't piss off Putin" then that explains why the wall of silence out of DC on the matter.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Return to “Off Topic English”