I dont think i have time to watch the last stream, so what is new info we got on X4?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CommanderTM
xr

I dont think i have time to watch the last stream, so what is new info we got on X4?

Post by CommanderTM » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 09:09

Pretty much whats in the title. Did not see any official new info thread.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 13:02

That would be because the stream was about X3AP rather than X4.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Re: I dont think i have time to watch the last stream, so what is new info we got on X4?

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 13:33

CommanderTM wrote:Did not see any official new info thread.
Its "just" stickied, but apparently any thread that is stickied turns immediately invisible to people...
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 14:36

Typically that's true for me at least. For forums in general, my eyes tend to immediately skip over the stickied sections to get to the regular posts. Unless I am looking specifically for something in the stickied section, my brain just registers as it not even being there.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 16:10

Its been confirmed that there are no Jedi in X4

CommanderTM
xr

Post by CommanderTM » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 02:10

Okay, then i misunderstood. I thought that they did not have anything new to show, like graphically, but still wanted to stream so they would instead play the old one and talk about the new one. :)

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 05:16

Only thing that we found out that boarding will be different from XR and that surrender dialogue will work in X4 ;) All though I thought it already worked in X3 (NPC's will drop cargo sometimes). Anyway ill be starting my vanilla AP again (thanks a lot Xenon_Slayer :roll: ).
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 01:23

One bit of information worth mentioning from the stream is that the current count for flyable ships stands at 40, but that can change, and also it will be some exceptions and some ships (maybe Xenon) will not be flyable by the player.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

don911058
x4

Post by don911058 » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 02:29

Santi wrote:One bit of information worth mentioning from the stream is that the current count for flyable ships stands at 40, but that can change, and also it will be some exceptions and some ships (maybe Xenon) will not be flyable by the player.
I guess I'm hoping too much that some of those ships we can't fly be Boron ships. They could be in the game but we can't buy, build, or board at release.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 09:15

I expected at least twice as much

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 11:37

@ Karvat: I think the operative phrase there was 'current count'. Conclusions drawn from the stream chat concerning what will be achieved in the final product may be a bit premature, I think. You don't really need lots of player ship model diversity while still in a game mechanic development phase. Just my thoughts.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 12:10

Yes, you're absolutely right, I mean, for the release I hope to see as much diversity as possible, for now of course I totally agree with you

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 12:49

Nikola515 wrote:All though I thought it already worked in X3 (NPC's will drop cargo sometimes).
Surrender never works. Surrender Cargo works pretty reliably, if some conditions are met.
[ external image ]
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 14:02

no Borons was confirmed, and actual news is no Split. Still no answer to the question how they will avoid collisions in X4.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 16:11

Please keep the collision damage off as in XR, if I think of the previous games I remember many unpleasant scenes

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 16:37

I have mixed feelings about no collision dammage - I can't belive this, but in X-Rebirth I frequently managed to hit the stations in such way that I got inside station model - I couldn't get mysefl free, nor die out of collision damage.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 19:28

mr.WHO wrote:I have mixed feelings about no collision dammage - I can't belive this, but in X-Rebirth I frequently managed to hit the stations in such way that I got inside station model - I couldn't get mysefl free, nor die out of collision damage.
But we have cockpits and walkable stations now, so i hope you enjoy your immersion while watching consequence free AI bumper car circus while casually beeing trapped inside a station model :)

Terrible collision avoidance (as seen in Rebirth) and lack of collision damage are even worse immersion breakers than funky NPC glitches - because you spend most of your time in space.
If they can't solve this but at the same time encourage you to "come closer", by drawing action much closer to stations and big ships like they did in rebirth via game mechanics, then this will be very bad cocktail to swallow.
[ external image ]

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 19:36

most of the time in XR if you got stuck in a station it IS possible to get yourself out, you just had to scream and cry and sell your soul to the Demon Murphy.

If collision damage was on you woulda just blown up instead. Certainly that happened in X3 to me a few times.

XR collision avoidance wasactually pretty damn good considering the geometric complexity. And the AI could stay on you even in sometimes complicated scenarios. Unfortunately, when one of them did get stuck, it was REALLY obvious and jarring.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Tue, 20. Mar 18, 03:34

mr.WHO wrote:I have mixed feelings about no collision dammage - I can't belive this, but in X-Rebirth I frequently managed to hit the stations in such way that I got inside station model - I couldn't get mysefl free, nor die out of collision damage.
i think i got self destructed when i went to crew quarters while getting stuck within station walls(after half an hour trying to get out). I blame the coolant mission lol.

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Tue, 20. Mar 18, 05:46

More collision damage would be good, but not if we're going to go back to X3, where every time you go through a trans-orbital accelerator, you're gambling that there's not a cap ship coming the other way.

Return to “X4: Foundations”