Loading X3 Albion Prelude - Resolved

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

adams0061
xr

Loading X3 Albion Prelude - Resolved

Post by adams0061 » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 01:35

I have disks for both games X3 TC and X3 albion prelude and decided to reload them. Got X3 TC loaded and running after patching but X3 AP will not load unless I had X3 TC from steam. Is there a way around it since I purchase both games from Egosoft directly?
YES I am 56 yrs old, YES I am huddle over my keyboard with only a 25 watt bulb in my desklamp and the feeble light from my monitor lighting my keyboard waiting on the next installment from the X-series. BUUUUUUWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 09:09

The X3AP disc version is always bound to Steam, and requires an X3TC Steam installation to work. If you have an X3TC disc version, you can register it with Steam to get the Steam version. After installation, however, you can download the X3AP NoSteam.exe and run X3AP even if the Steam Client isn't running. That way you can also create installations totally independent from Steam by copying the whole X3 Terran Conflict Steam directory (including the X3AP "addon" folder) to a different directory. In theory you could then even remove Steam completely, whereby there are no manual patches provided for X3AP and you obviously have no access to any Steam specific features (achievements, Steam cloud etc.).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

adams0061
xr

Post by adams0061 » Tue, 20. Mar 18, 04:34

well darn okay I have a steam account I had not used in several years I guess I reload it :)
YES I am 56 yrs old, YES I am huddle over my keyboard with only a 25 watt bulb in my desklamp and the feeble light from my monitor lighting my keyboard waiting on the next installment from the X-series. BUUUUUUWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”