Ball tampering

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 16:23

pjknibbs wrote:Maybe that's different in Australia?
That's why I disagree with Usenko, I believe in Australia we have had a proud history of supporting our sports people regardless of their result if they have given their all.

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 21:26

As this thing unfolded, i became more aware of how brutally we were treating the guys. I started to seriously worry that one or more may kill themselves or something- and if that happened we would collectively shrug our shoulders and pretend we had nothing to do with it.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 30. Mar 18, 05:00

philip_hughes wrote:As this thing unfolded, i became more aware of how brutally we were treating the guys. I started to seriously worry that one or more may kill themselves or something- and if that happened we would collectively shrug our shoulders and pretend we had nothing to do with it.
Yeah, those last press conferences were a step too far. They had already been put through the wringer, no need for further humiliation.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 3. Apr 18, 00:54

philip_hughes wrote:As this thing unfolded, i became more aware of how brutally we were treating the guys. I started to seriously worry that one or more may kill themselves or something- and if that happened we would collectively shrug our shoulders and pretend we had nothing to do with it.
All of that points to just how serious an issue it is, doesn't it? True, if the media and public opinion/outrage was unfounded or disproportionate, driven into a frenzy by even more media coverage, then it would be a travesty. (It'd be a travesty, anyway, since a human life is much more important than a "rule" in any sporting event.)

It may be that it was really a serious, fundamental, issue that people just stopped paying much attention to until it happened to be placed in the spotlight, again. It could be that sort of thing like "Everyone does it, so it's OK", but only until someone was actually caught doing it. It's only then that people actually realize how important their feelings about a game are and how necessary it is to them, specifically, that certain ethics are observed as fundamental, else their own opinion of the game is destroyed.

Return to “Off Topic English”