Cannot find Uckmanckamstras

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mycraft
x4

Cannot find Uckmanckamstras

Post by Mycraft » Mon, 26. Mar 18, 17:30

while doing the plot for the player's sector i am stuck with finding Uckmanckamstras.
The quest tracking system won't show any sector and cannot be enabled again when i turn it off/turn it on for another quest.

As this is suspicious behaviour and i am not able to find the target person, i am asking for help.

i have my savegame uploaded here:
https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/V4Lgymsn

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 26. Mar 18, 22:00

Moving to the X Trilogy Universe (gameplay) forum where you might find this able to give some ideas.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mycraft
x4

Post by Mycraft » Mon, 26. Mar 18, 22:09

unfortunately, the linked thread does not help as he used an older savegame. the earliest save i have is the autosave when i deliver the jump gate expert and (therefore directly after load) get the mission to talk to Uckmanckamstras. Several reloads resulted in the same behaviour (no system marked)

i do believe that it is a problem after all as i stated before - the mission guidance system does not work and acts weird (cannot re-enable for this mission).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 26. Mar 18, 22:18

What that thread is saying is that due to unforeseen and undetected misfortune, it is possible the plot character may no longer exist in the current game at that point - hence there can be no guidance. That is just one possibility though and there may be others that are more likely - see below.

You may well be right about a guidance switching bug (perhaps linked to being in a UFJD sector) for that particular plot mission as also stated here and here.

I think the real point to make is that the plot in that fairly old X game is not going to be rewritten now, so a workaround or backtrack must be found somehow.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 26. Mar 18, 22:39

I noticed a similar problem in a play through but remembered finding him in Priest's Pity in a distant station. It was a Communication Station. If you have the Quest high-lighted, the station shows up when you're in the sector. Good luck.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”