Amazon Prime.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 13:29

I'm on Prime and I've had yet another item I've ordered direct from Amazon take longer than a day to deliver. I recently changed to a business account and that comes with free next day delivery with items over £30 anyway so I will drop Prime when it next comes up for renewal unless the service improves. I only occasionally use the service for watching things like The Grand Tour.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 22:28

I actually found a show I'd like to watch on Prime (Monk), and it turned out to be another one I'd have to pay for.

Not impressed
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 13:24

Praefectus classis wrote:I'm on Prime and I've had yet another item I've ordered direct from Amazon take longer than a day to deliver. I recently changed to a business account and that comes with free next day delivery with items over £30 anyway so I will drop Prime when it next comes up for renewal unless the service improves. I only occasionally use the service for watching things like The Grand Tour.
Having Prime doesn't mean everything can be delivered next day, it tells you on the checkout screens when it'll get delivered. If it has always said the following day as the due date, then i'd complain ;) There will be *something* offered.
I actually found a show I'd like to watch on Prime (Monk), and it turned out to be another one I'd have to pay for.
That's easy to solve, Monk is not on Prime video. It's on Amazon Video, a streaming service. It is not on Prime Video, which is the free service for Amazon Prime subscribers. One is the subset of the other, they're not equal.

It's pretty clear in the distinction...

So you've found a show you'd like to watch on the Amazon Video platform, but it is not included in the Prime Video subscription. Suggest you get Netflix and stop complaining about Amazon as methinks you're after the wrong service.

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 14:10

Chips wrote:
Praefectus classis wrote:I'm on Prime and I've had yet another item I've ordered direct from Amazon take longer than a day to deliver. I recently changed to a business account and that comes with free next day delivery with items over £30 anyway so I will drop Prime when it next comes up for renewal unless the service improves. I only occasionally use the service for watching things like The Grand Tour.
Having Prime doesn't mean everything can be delivered next day, it tells you on the checkout screens when it'll get delivered. If it has always said the following day as the due date, then i'd complain ;) There will be *something* offered.
The last item I ordered was supposed to be the next day so I complained yesterday and got another 30 days added on to Prime.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 23:52

Chips wrote:So you've found a show you'd like to watch on the Amazon Video platform, but it is not included in the Prime Video subscription. Suggest you get Netflix and stop complaining about Amazon as methinks you're after the wrong service.
I had Netflix, that wasn't worth it, and the cost per episode on Amazon video makes buying Monk on dvd and ripping it the cheaper option.

These streaming platforms still need to improve a lot.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 03:56

I am currently using the free 30 day Amazon Prime trial.

- Canada Prime tv/movies are sparse and terrible. Definitely not worth it for tv/movies.

-region switching to US (have to use the US website to go in or it doesn't work) means a much larger library. Psych, Monk, Grimm, Doctor Who new and old + specials, Eureka, Battle Star Galactica, Lexx, Andromeda, Defiance, The Expanse, Relic Hunter, Star Treks, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Jean-Claude Van Johnson, Frasier, etc...

US Prime website

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Video/b/r ... 2858778011

Return to “Off Topic English”