X4 X X4vr X Save

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ice36bc
xrvr

X4 X X4vr X Save

Post by ice36bc » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 04:17

I was in bed trying to fall to sleep when it hit.
it most important thing to my.
when i'm play a lot of X4 and i build my empire for 500+ hours and the X4VR is/or get a released. This is the important part, Can i move the save over from X4 to X4VR and experience all my empire glory in VR or do i need to start all over in X4VR?

or is it X4FVR? i wonder...

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 05:12

They said there is no plans for x4-vr editions. But if there is they will consider it stand as a "new" game so not x4 but something else and I doubt save games will be compatible. I don't think X rebirth and it's vr editions are save compatible are they? So same for x4 and x4vr I guess.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 07:34

I thought they said that they would likely make X4VR in the future, however it would be rebalanced (I believe they mentioned that there would be far fewer ships wandering around, to help with frame rates), and not for a while. The chances of it being cross save compatible are minimal, I expect.

Personally, I'm disappointed that they would do this, because let's face it: In a few years, when my computer's rocking twin 1280ti's and a 16 core CPU, I'll probably resent not having as many ships as in vanilla, as my rig could certainly handle it, even in twin 4K.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 13:20

DavidGW wrote:I thought they said that they would likely make X4VR in the future, however it would be rebalanced (I believe they mentioned that there would be far fewer ships wandering around, to help with frame rates), and not for a while. The chances of it being cross save compatible are minimal, I expect.

Personally, I'm disappointed that they would do this, because let's face it: In a few years, when my computer's rocking twin 1280ti's and a 16 core CPU, I'll probably resent not having as many ships as in vanilla, as my rig could certainly handle it, even in twin 4K.
Back your stuff with proof and not just twisting around the XR:VR version story lol.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 13:36

If you want 'proof' for recollections of dev statements then a look in the X4 Q&A Index Sticky would probably be worth it:

Q. Will X4 support Virtual Reality?

A. No, not at release. Virtual Reality requires major changes to the game interface, balancing as well as severe changes to ensure a proper framerate (read: performance). Thus, if there will be a VR version, it will be a standalone game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 14:19

Kane Hart wrote:
DavidGW wrote:I thought they said that they would likely make X4VR in the future, however it would be rebalanced (I believe they mentioned that there would be far fewer ships wandering around, to help with frame rates), and not for a while. The chances of it being cross save compatible are minimal, I expect.

Back your stuff with proof and not just twisting around the XR:VR version story lol.
The statement about less ships was mentioned in the X3AP stream. I'm not watching the full thing again to find where it was mentioned, or find an exact quote. I have conveyed the gist, or at least my recollection of it.

Don't mistake me for an XR hater. I'm not.

Fleabum
x4

Post by Fleabum » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 15:08

Quite an interesting question OP. Could you use X:R saves in X:R VR?

I don't think VR is ready for mainstream releases quite yet. My guess is currently the cost implications of adding VR to X4 would far outweigh the amount of people who would use it.

X:R VR currently has an average of 2 to 3 players a day, with a peak of 90 in December according to Stream stats. Its just not economically viable for a company to do a release on figures like that. The pizzas for the planning meetings would cost more than that alone. And at those levels it just is not worth doing from a ROI point of view.

Hopefully in the future VR will become more mainstream and we will see more releases.

Regards
Flea

Return to “X4: Foundations”